Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2021 1:26:54 PM EDT
I just bought a really good ICOM 706 MKII G and I need the ICOM MB-63 mobile mounting bracket. Have the separation cable just need the bracket. Have searched all over the various web sites and HAM Classifieds without without any luck! Have one you don't need anymore I could really use it!
THANKS
Sarge
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I might have one, somewhere, finding it may be a challenge. Sold my 706 probably 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate any help!
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Just glue a couple small, strong magnets to the back of the control head and then couple it to something metallic.  You don’t necessarily need the bracket.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the bracket for the 706 main body, but not the one for just the control head
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Gamma, Thanks for looking!
GCW - bad link
failure - that is an option but with little to NO metal on the dash or any part of the console a little tricky - but it does give me an option!
Thanks All
Sarge
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll look tomorrow. I gave away my IC-706 but I don't think I included the bracket for the faceplate. Can't promise I'll find it but I'll look for it. If you don't hear from me within several days, PM me. Memory chips in my head have been getting bad clusters lately.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just bought a really good ICOM 706 MKII G and I need the ICOM MB-63 mobile mounting bracket. Have the separation cable just need the bracket. Have searched all over the various web sites and HAM Classifieds without without any luck! Have one you don't need anymore I could really use it!
THANKS
Sarge
View Quote

This?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1268637

Want me to print you one? I have PETG loaded up now so it should be a bit more heat resistant than regular PLA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gamma, Thanks for looking!
GCW - bad link
failure - that is an option but with little to NO metal on the dash or any part of the console a little tricky - but it does give me an option!
Thanks All
Sarge
View Quote

Stick magnets to the dash or console.
Stick magnets to the radio.

Make sure to flip the poles.

I mounted my dashcam to the windshield with this method.  Very secure, very easy to remove and store the dashcam.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
mancow - THANKS I'd like that! Only thing I request is that it has the center hole that is use for other mounting options, i.e. Lidomounts, the ICOM MBA-1 suction cup mount etc.
IM me with details and I'll sent you my real email address.
THANKS AGAIN!!!
Sarge
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
IM sent
Sarge
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I've printed several radio head mounts from ASA that have held up well in the heat of the vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]
It seems a lot stronger than I expected. I can't even begin to budge the little tips of the ears with my fingers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks GREAT!!!
Sarge
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#16]
not tech
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top