Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2022 1:31:58 PM EDT
We had a beautiful day yesterday, and I was feeling good and decided to tune a few antennas I have made and had sitting around. Put up my fish poles, with a 20/40m trap dipole, a 20m 1/4 wave vertical, and set up my Wolf river coil with the 17' whip.
Everything was ready to go, so I grabbed my trusty nanovna, and started looking for the adapter to connect it to my coax. 40 minutes later I found it, and took it outside. Set it down in the grass, went to get my small table, and the damn thing disappeared again. I looked for over an hour, and did everything but go buy a metal detector to find it.
I got disgusted and just took everything back down, and will await the arrival of 4 new ones, plus a couple of BNC type as well.
Only thing I can think of that happened is Walter picked it up and carried it off. He has been known to carry rocks around once in a while. Guess I will find it when I cut the grass, and the others have arrived.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Cargo pants have big pockets for a reason.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cargo pants have big pockets for a reason.
View Quote

Yeah, so I can find it in the wash.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]

GREMLINS are always the suspects.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap....oops
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I never buy a single anything ham radio under ten bucks.   Add a couple extra and stash.  

pl239 and pl259s just buy a half dozen ea

I did the same with BNC connectors later

not one but two BNC to PL adapters
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Always leave a small connector connected to a cord or item...  if you take it off, connect it back to something else immediately...
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never buy a single anything ham radio under ten bucks.   Add a couple extra and stash.  

pl239 and pl259s just buy a half dozen ea

I did the same with BNC connectors later

not one but two BNC to PL adapters
View Quote

I have 6 adapters coming today. That should hold me for a month or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top