Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2020 9:23:25 AM EDT
I am looking about getting a golf cart to patrol the woods, starting to have a lot of hog damage.
Does anyone have any experience with the hybrid gas/electric UTVs? I like the idea of having the gas engine for range and the electric for stealth, but have no experience with either.
Any info on brands or just general info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
3 year warranty.  No hybrid.

Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
is that electric?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
bump for the night crew
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
We've had a gas powered golf cart at the family propery in NM for ~20 years now (it was beat up before then - ) and the loudest part of the operation is the tires on the ground.  

With a little insulation added I bet it'd be negligible noise from the engine.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of range are you looking for?

An electric golf cart has a few miles range... and even more if you want to convert it to LifePo4 batteries.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Electric for cruising...gas for work. If you are covering any kind of distance, you are going to want to step up to a UTV. Golf carts are not for extreme use. Yeah you can make one jump sand dunes, but that's not why you want it. Both of my carts are used on 10 acres for going out to the shop and gardening and getting the mail, etc.

I have gas and electric. Both mine are over ten years old. You need new batteries every 5 years for the old electrics at a cost of around $800. The electric is the one everybody goes to first because you just push the gas and silently cruise away. It has the rear facing seat and will haul 4 adults around most of the day. You need to plug it in every couple days to stay charged. Mine has a range of maybe 5 miles loaded. The gas has a dump bed and hauls all of the crap you need like saws and rakes and shovels and feed. They both go the same speed. The gas runs for weeks between fueling. The new Yamaha electrics are really nice and super battery life.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep UTV is actually what I meant instead of golf cart... So the hybrids are not worth looking at?
I didn't even know hybrids were a thing until my dad told me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't know there was a hybrid UTV to be honest.
Polaris makes an electric Ranger and EZ-go now makes a 72 Volt fulltime 4WD golf cart/hunting buggy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the budget?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]
budget is flexible...
EZ-go now makes a 72 Volt fulltime 4WD golf cart/hunting buggy.
this sounds like what I am looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top