Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:22:02 PM EDT
My 13yo girl drew an Ibex hunt in NM this year.  Trying to decide on what boot to get her.  This will be her first hunt so I don't really want to spend $500 before I even know if she's going to like it or not.  Looking at Cabelas or Danners.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ibex hunt is her first hunt ever?  Bold move.  That rock will eat your feet.  If my daughter was hunting there, I would want something with some good ankle support and a stiff sole.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. I hunted it last year. It’s going to be tough, but the good part is, we can make it as easy as she wants because there r so many. If she wants a big billy we can work or if she just wants to leave we can get a nanny.

Any suggestion on cabelas or danners?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear you know what to expect.  I have not had a Cabela's brand boot in a long time.  But the Danner's I've tried just did not work for me.  Sorry I can't be of more help on the question.

Your budget indicates nothing more than $500.  But if you are willing to go to $150, then Sierra Trading Post has several Asolo boots that might be a good solution.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I own several pair of Danner boots.  Mostly working boots but they also double as my hunting boots.  They are extremely comfortable for my feet.  I also have a pair of Lowa GTX hiking boots that I picked up at Sierra Trading Post several years ago and love them as well.  Great boot.  Very durable and have many miles on them.  Sierra Trading post is a great place to get boots at lower prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top