Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2022 2:33:15 PM EDT
Looking at adding a waterfowl parka/jacket to my fall time gear now that we have a open boat.
I do wear regular hellys rain gear but want to try cut down on the amount of gear I wear.  

Will not be spending sitka/kuiu and other hi end gear.
Very limiting but $3-400 is about my limit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy once, cry once. Sitka is the only way.
Hit up a Sitka sale at Roger's SG or join Long Range Hunting and buy new used from members.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
87% waterproof
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just looking at gear at Kodiak Marine. They had some Grundens  camo style rain gear. Looked pretty good. That light stuff, but real waterproof. Pretty reasonably priced I may have to have some
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldmikey:
I was just looking at gear at Kodiak Marine. They had some Grundens  camo style rain gear. Looked pretty good. That light stuff, but real waterproof. Pretty reasonably priced I may have to have some
View Quote
I am starting to look like the stay puff marshmallow man with all the gear on.

While out picking berries it was a down pour. I want to try a little different gear.
Been wearing hellys for so long.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I would recommend going with Sitka. it's honestly the best out there.

Your best bet would be would be to look on rockslide's forum market place. You could also look at Sierra Trading Post's website. They often have excellent deals on Sitka overruns. You can also pick some refurbished vortex optics there as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By oak86:
I would recommend going with Sitka. it's honestly the best out there.

Your best bet would be would be to look on rockslide's forum market place. You could also look at Sierra Trading Post's website. They often have excellent deals on Sitka overruns. You can also pick some refurbished vortex optics there as well.
View Quote
What Parka or coat would you recommend?

Been monsoon rains at times here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Buy once, cry once. Sitka is the only way.
Hit up a Sitka sale at Roger's SG or join Long Range Hunting and buy new used from members.
View Quote

I wish I had this guy's money.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 12:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oak86] [#8]
Honestly, my go to is the Dakota hoody. It keeps the wind and rain out and is surprisingly warm. This is my go to until November. If you need more water protection, go with the Hudson jacket.

If you look around, you can find good deals on sitka products. My local Scheel's will usually run a 30% off sale prior to waterfowl season. Or, you could look into the sitka pro program. If you qualify, you'll get access to special pricing. Finally, keep an eye on the waterfowl forums or rokslide and you'll find something at reasonable price. If I see any deals, I'll post them below.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 1:03:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Honestly, my go to is the Dakota hoody. It keeps the wind and rain out and is surprisingly warm. This is my go to until November. If you need more water protection, go with the Hudson jacket.

If you look around, you can find good deals on sitka products. My local Scheel's will usually run a 30% off sale prior to waterfowl season. Or, you could look into the sitka pro program. If you qualify, you'll get access to special pricing. Finally, keep an eye on the waterfowl forums or rokslide and you'll find something at reasonable price. If I see any deals, I'll post them below.  
View Quote
Thank you.

Have been keeping an eye on rok and few other places.

I will not have the money to afford a coat til Oct/Nov.

Also looking at a drake coat.
I do have a pull over that is waterproof and warm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Thank you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:

Thank you.

Check Alaska List to.

https://alaskaslist.com/
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Sitka is having a pretty solid clearance sale today. Some of the waterfowl gear is 50% off-FYI
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HuntingForFun:

Check Alaska List to.

View Quote
AK list has gone to shit.
Originally Posted By HuntingForFun:

Check Alaska List to.

View Quote

Sitka is having a pretty solid clearance sale today. Some of the waterfowl gear is 50% off-FYI
View Quote
Short money til Nov.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Look for zipper cover.

Zipper not covered will leak
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I checked Sitka’s site out but they’re charging tax. I was able to get the same gear from Mack’s Prairie Wings with no shipping charges or tax for the same sale prices.

I went all in: Hudson Jacket, Hudson bibs, Gradient hoody.

Then a week later bought  the Duck Oven and Delta Wading Jacket.

Early Christmas present to myself!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top