Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2023 9:35:17 AM EDT

April 21, 2023
10.5” beard
3/4” spurs

Taken using a Franchi affinity turkey 20ga with a Jebs choke and Apex turkey ninja shells.

Share your 2023 Turkey season if you’d like
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:25:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: weekender7] [#1]
my wife 22#14oz 1.5" 10.5"

my wife 15.98 10" 1.25"

mine 17.30 9.5" 3/4"

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
looks like your season is off to a tremendous start!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Shot him with my first shotgun, a single-shot .410 I bought used for $25 over a half century ago.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rodent:
Shot him with my first shotgun, a single-shot .410 I bought used for $25 over a half century ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13440/IMG_3735_jpeg-2794104.JPG

View Quote

Very cool! Funny that you have had that .410 so long and recently .410 & 28ga are all the rage for turkey hunting when it was 3.5” super duper mag 12 for years.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My 14 yo son on our farm in TN

Attachment Attached File

I’m in KY working on mine. I save home turkeys for him.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:45:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Earl_Basset] [#7]
Got my first bird on my own land, 22#, 10" beard, 1" spurs. Getting it mounted in full strut.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Went to a buddies, totally blew it on three 2 year old birds that came in together.  Was trying to get my brother in law his first turkey and all hell broke loose the moment these birds came in and we screwed our timing up and both pulled high. Went back Wednesday and took the strutter out. He's been humping so hard he wore his chest feathers off, ragged looking, but I was happy. 18#, 9.5" beard, 3/4' spurs. My cat grabbed the beard from the window sill and it's somewhere in my house, lol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Saturday is PA's opener, usually a blast out there, the rain may make it interesting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:22:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: badredfish] [#8]
Another awesome year - Tagged out.

Opening weekend second day - first day was rained out - this bird came in attacked the jake decoy and tried to hump the laydown hen!
Attachment Attached File

This bird was a public land hunt - came in silent!
Attachment Attached File

The mount that from the first bird.
Attachment Attached File

The only bummer was having my oldest miss a bird on the last day of the season - just like he did on the second to the last day in the same spot as last weekend - Oh well - we will get his first bird for him next year!

Counting the days till next year.

Red

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By badredfish:
Another awesome year - Tagged out.

Opening weekend second day - first day was rained out - this bird came in attacked the jake decoy and tried to hump the laydown hen!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22838/IMG_3446_jpeg-2801628.JPG

This bird was a public land hunt - came in silent!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22838/IMG_3831_jpeg-2801632.JPG

The mount that from the first bird.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22838/IMG_4112_jpeg-2801633.JPG

The only bummer was having my oldest miss a bird on the last day of the season - just like he did on the second to the last day in the same spot as last weekend - Oh well - we will get his first bird for him next year!

Counting the days till next year.

Red

View Quote

That is a neat mount
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally got a Pennsylvania bird. They've been super quiet this year and the days I've hunted have been rainy and overcast.  The sun finally broke out today at 10am and within 5 minutes some geese caused this guy to shock gobble 150 yards behind me.  I gave a few light clucks and he responded so I rearranged my chair and got the blind window set. I put a few light yelps out and he gobbled at 100 yards, so I knew he was coming.  The field he was going to come out in has a tendency to hang them up and they just strut away so once he came out at 80 yards I let a few real soft yelps out and put my call down.  He came down to me like he was on a stringer!  When he got 25 yards away and right before a creek he gave me a perfect shot and I took it.  Great hunt.

Attachment Attached File

On a separate note,  I love this Flextone Funky Chicken decoy. Those toms see it and just want to beat the hell out of it, so it definitely lives up to its hype.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Our dad passed in February. My brother and I had been working our butts off trying to get the house and estate in order. Opening day we decided to take a break and go turkey hunting. Different tracts of land. Cold and rainy but we both scored. Both 10” or so beards. Mine was 25# his was 20#. Memorable day for sure.

Btw. Turkeys are ugly when wet!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By defenderhome:
Our dad passed in February. My brother and I had been working our butts off trying to get the house and estate in order. Opening day we decided to take a break and go turkey hunting. Different tracts of land. Cold and rainy but we both scored. Both 10” or so beards. Mine was 25# his was 20#. Memorable day for sure. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80996/IMG_5869-2806016.jpg

Btw. Turkeys are ugly when wet!
View Quote

Lol, they sure do look scraggly when wet, and I think they hate being wet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Had these two guys on camera.

Attachment Attached File

Opening day I played cat and mouse with both of them and finally got them both within 30 yards. I smoked one of them and had to let the other one go.

Attachment Attached File

Then finally yesterday I had the other one fly down at first light. Killed both of them with my 66 A5 magnum 12

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#14]
This was from last year - awesome hunt with two awesome friends!

I love the camo - hard to even see the gun in my hand.

Red

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top