Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 2:56:25 PM EDT
I picked up a pair today after I found out I'm a new home owner of 10 acres of Southwest Texas land.

I was told the boots are comfortable by a veteran who was issued these boots in the Navy just not snake boots ones. So for $108.00 delivered I pulled the trigger! Don't have much of a color options but sage green is ok by me as I'm not trying to make a fashion statement.

Just wanted to pass this on to you all!Like to the deal!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Tayus.
After a few years they are just training targets.
Practice drawing and shooting targets on the ground at your feet. I have shoot numerous rattlesnakes between my dogs feet at my feet etc. There not an issue 10 feet away its the one your grandkids trying pick up and your hands are full.
I had to practice dropping everything and drawing fast.
Did start drinking coffee with my left hand as I hate dropping a cup.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It's too bad you only need them during the warm months.  I have a pair of Danner snake boots and they burn me up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you get a pair of bdu pants leg over them or do you have to tuck pants leg inside?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's too bad you only need them during the warm months.  I have a pair of Danner snake boots and they burn me up.
View Quote

I wear my Danners nearly year round. I killed a rattler in December after I just told someone that it was too cold for rattlesnakes. Mine are comfy. Need a review OP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wear my Danners nearly year round. I killed a rattler in December after I just told someone that it was too cold for rattlesnakes. Mine are comfy. Need a review OP.
View Quote

I'll let you know when they come in should be 05/26 I mostly wear 5.11 and True Spec pants but I'll also try them on with the Duluth Fire hose pants I have since I have used them in the brush around me and no mesquite thorns have gone through them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
So got them yesterday and the fit and feel of them are great! Once you adjust them they are easy on and easy off. Now the pants issue.

So far I have used them with my True-Spec pants and with some work I can get the pant legs around the boot on my next day off I'll try the 5.11's and Duluth fire hose pants.

I did take them outside today to walk the brush with my dog without my orthopedic inserts or custom inserts and I had no problems with my feet l have to wait until Sunday when I do my day off 4+ mile dog walk.

So far so good!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Updated! So far they are very comfortable! I Will let you know more after my day off the 4-mile walk with my dogs.

Not sure what pants I'm going to were depends on the weather. Yet want to see if Duluth fire hose pants work! So might take them out tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wear my Danners for nearly year-round. I killed a rattler in December after I just told someone that it was too cold for rattlesnakes. Mine are comfy. Need a review OP.
View Quote

So far they are great! Fit and feel! It makes me want the other boots they make! I'm a boot person!

Being a Boot person I love the Danner Boots! Do I hold the quality to Danner to be above the rest! Yet does Danner offer a boot that is even close to $100?!!!

I have a boot even with my planters fasciitis is comfortable without my inserts! Yet I will put the inserts into the boots.

Also not flame at all on Danner since they offer hot weather snake proof boots!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top