Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2019 9:06:08 PM EDT
Disclaimer: This is not clever or innovative.  It’s just another way of doing it that I liked better than what I’ve seen mentioned.

For as long as I’ve owned this Harris 25CS, it’s always been a little bit short for anything but totally flat ground.  I use it for coyote hunting and I generally sit with my back to a slope, which usually makes the bipod seem about 4-6” too short. I like using the bipod instead of my tripod because it’s one less thing to carry.
I’ve looked around from time to time to see what other people have done and I couldn’t really find anything that I wanted to do. I finally made some legs and they’re just about perfect for less than $8 in materials. This wasn’t difficult, but I figured someone else might like to see another way of doing it without altering the factory bipod much.

3ft of 1/2” (outside diameter) aluminum tubing $7. This will make 2+ sets.
1/8” Tension pins $0.63

I cut two 9” lengths of tubing for the new legs, which adds about 6.5” to the bipod height.  I knocked out the pins holding the rubber feet on, and measured the distance from the stopper to those factory holes. Drilled a 1/8” hole through the new tube, slid it on the end of the bipod, and hammered in a pin.  Since the new aluminum tube is going over the factory leg, it’s not going to seat all the way into the factory rubber foot.  I put the rubber on the end of the extension and drilled two new holes for the tension pins and put a new pin in each foot. Thats the only part that alters the bipod from factory original, but it’s better than drilling into the metal. I usually buy pins that are just a little longer than I need and then trim the excess with a cutoff wheel.

Sprayed it with some black paint and boom, you got new legs Lt. Dan.  
Total height from the bottom of the feet to the stock is now 36”

Bare tube

New pin using factory hole

New tension pin in rubber foot

Finished extension w/ extra tubing

Without the extensions
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top