[Last Edit: Shootindave]
May 17th   9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
May 18th  9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
May 19th   9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Greene County Fair and Expo Center
210 Fairground Road, Xenia 45385
Coordinates are 39.702 N – 83.9420 W

Who all is going?

I will have a flea market spot, if anyone wants to try and sell something that doesn't.

Maybe 223.520 simplex. If others have a 220 handheld. Avoid the chaos of 2m/440.

--------------------------

I will be hunting for the same thing as last year; a  2M SSB radio that does not look like it has been sitting in a puddle since 1984.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Gonna try to make it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:27:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#2]
In the past we used one of the arfcom 440 frequencies, 440.075 or something like that, with a PL tone and it was fine.

I passed up an IC-275, 25w version a couple months ago for about $200, didn't need it and didn't think I could resell it

It seems unlikely that I'll make it, just too hectic with farming stuff. I dunno, I should probably just see if I can get a reservation and take off and do it, I've only been to Xenia once.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Have never been.  If you could only do one day, would Friday or Saturday be better?
It's a 12 hour drive, but maybe I'll take a road trip
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#4]
Unless things have changed, Friday and Saturday are both good days. Saturday is usually the busiest. Sunday was very much just people winding things down, packing up and bugging out, although it's also a good day to scrounge for bargains in the flea market. Sunday is done by noon, although the non-flea market vendors don't normally start tearing down until noon-ish. I don't know what if anything they do for prize drawings now at the new venue, at Hara it was everyone packed into the hockey arena just after noon on Sunday.

There are a few flea market vendors that don't get there until Saturday, but it's not many.

Again, I haven't been in a few years so not sure how things have changed at the new place.

I wouldn't go for one day if you're driving 12 hours to get there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Unless things have changed, Friday and Saturday are both good days. Saturday is usually the busiest. Sunday was very much just people winding things down, packing up and bugging out, although it's also a good day to scrounge for bargains in the flea market. Sunday is done by noon, although the non-flea market vendors don't normally start tearing down until noon-ish. I don't know what if anything they do for prize drawings now at the new venue, at Hara it was everyone packed into the hockey arena just after noon on Sunday.

There are a few flea market vendors that don't get there until Saturday, but it's not many.

Again, I haven't been in a few years so not sure how things have changed at the new place.

I wouldn't go for one day if you're driving 12 hours to get there.
View Quote

Sounds like last year at Xenia. I did not pay close attention to the door prize / raffle thing, but they had scrolling TVs in one of the buildings to check the ongoing drawings.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
Sounds like last year at Xenia. I did not pay close attention to the door prize / raffle thing, but they had scrolling TVs in one of the buildings to check the ongoing drawings.
View Quote

If it's the same way they used to do it, at whatever time on Sunday (I think it was either 12 or 1pm) any prizes from the scrolling TVs that were unclaimed were redrawn until someone who was present to win got called. Once those were all done they would draw the grand prizes. The grand prizes they will ship if you're not there, the hourly drawings they don't.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ll probably go on Friday.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#9]
The area 10M crew will all be there. Many of them shoot; some may be Arfcommers too.

I may or may not. Got a real estate project I have to wrap up first, then onto springtime tractor stuff.

OP:

What sort of 2M SSB rig are you looking for ... base, mobile, ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
The area 10M crew will all be there. Many of them shoot; some may be Arfcommers too.

I may or may not. Got a real estate project I have to wrap up first, then onto springtime tractor stuff.

OP:

View Quote

A base radio would be fine, I plan on using it at home.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

OP:

Single-band, or multi like an FT-726/736?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

OP:

Just 2m would be fine. I have 6m ssb and don't see myself using uhf ssb. But I am open to different radios without much preference, as I have been looking for a while.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll put the word out amongst the crew here and see who has what (if anything).

Do you have an HF rig that could drive a transverter? Might be another option.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll put the word out amongst the crew here and see who has what (if anything).

Do you have an HF rig that could drive a transverter? Might be another option.
View Quote

I have used transverters that were already setup by someone else (SHF stuff) but do not know enough about that to have considered the option.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:57:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rleonard] [#15]
Slightly off topic, but there is a local (central Illinois but online bidding) auction with a load of HAM equipment.   It begins closing this Sunday at  7  PM

Link

I have no commercial interest, just sharing information.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Now that I can attend without buying a plane ticket, I will most likely be there again this year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
If any of you guys see a working Xiegu G1M and can get it for 50 bucks or less, I will gladly buy it from you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone hear anything about Kenwood offering another Mobile radio like the discontinued TM-D710GA?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Planning to be there and should be one of the volunteers if you come to the open house at the clubhouse.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Wodstock and I will be setting up camp on Wednesday at the fairgrounds, and I know she'll be in the testing sessions Friday and Saturday, and I'll be there as needed.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top