Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2018 7:28:33 PM EDT
I'm just looking to go back in time when things were simple'r.

ETA: When I just another No-Code Ham Ruining the Hobby, an unknown ARF-Operator Not quitting Ham, just the podcast

Thanks for everything y'all contributed, it was a wild ride!

Link

2-10-18

Friends,

In 2011 I achieved a nearly lifelong goal; I became an Amateur Radio Operator.

In 2014 I began, as a means to scratch an itch, an Amateur Radio Podcast.

The podcast, then named ‘Fo Time’ was never supposed to succeed. I had no intention of releasing any more than 5 to 10 programs. Almost 4 years later, 90+ shows, and over a 3/4 million downloads, I’m still wondering how I got here.

Through that time, I was a small part of promoting the Amateur Radio Hobby via the medium of podcasting. What began as an experiment soon became a platform for a New Ham Operator to learn the ropes. Along the journey I was blessed with the opportunity to connect with and learn from some of the most brilliant and entertaining people on the planet.

I have been continually astounded by my listening audience and their contribution to the efforts of what became the Ham Radio 360 Podcast and brand. Not only was I afforded the opportunity to learn from the best, I was able to share in those experiences with many others as the brand’s influence grew. Additionally the platform allowed other programs to be birthed for the good of the hobby that will continue to educate and entertain the masses.

However, I began to realize just how much of me it took to produce quality content and maintain the brand. In October of 2017 I took a break from my regular show production with a promise to return in 2018. I upheld that promise but soon realized that the continued pressure to perform and create was more than I was willing to maintain anymore.

With that understanding I have decided to discontinue, in it’s entirety, the Ham Radio 360 Podcast. I plan to maintain the HamRadio360.com Website and Podcast Feed of past shows and content as a contribution to the Amateur Radio Hobby.

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have served you and the wonderful Amateur Radio Hobby.

Gratefully yours,

SCW

73 Y’all
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck to you, Cale.

So much more to life than hobbies; I certainly understand.  God Bless you and your family as you move forward.

Quoted:
I'm just looking to go back in time when things were simple'r.

Thanks for everything y'all contributed, it was a wild ride!

Link

2-10-18

Friends,

In 2011 I achieved a nearly lifelong goal; I became an Amateur Radio Operator.

In 2014 I began, as a means to scratch an itch, an Amateur Radio Podcast.

The podcast, then named ‘Fo Time’ was never supposed to succeed. I had no intention of releasing any more than 5 to 10 programs. Almost 4 years later, 90+ shows, and over a 3/4 million downloads, I’m still wondering how I got here.

Through that time, I was a small part of promoting the Amateur Radio Hobby via the medium of podcasting. What began as an experiment soon became a platform for a New Ham Operator to learn the ropes. Along the journey I was blessed with the opportunity to connect with and learn from some of the most brilliant and entertaining people on the planet.

I have been continually astounded by my listening audience and their contribution to the efforts of what became the Ham Radio 360 Podcast and brand. Not only was I afforded the opportunity to learn from the best, I was able to share in those experiences with many others as the brand’s influence grew. Additionally the platform allowed other programs to be birthed for the good of the hobby that will continue to educate and entertain the masses.

However, I began to realize just how much of me it took to produce quality content and maintain the brand. In October of 2017 I took a break from my regular show production with a promise to return in 2018. I upheld that promise but soon realized that the continued pressure to perform and create was more than I was willing to maintain anymore.

With that understanding I have decided to discontinue, in it’s entirety, the Ham Radio 360 Podcast. I plan to maintain the HamRadio360.com Website and Podcast Feed of past shows and content as a contribution to the Amateur Radio Hobby.

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have served you and the wonderful Amateur Radio Hobby.

Gratefully yours,

SCW

73 Y’all
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You aren't getting out completely are you? As in getting rid of your station getting out

or just dis-continuing the podcast?

Whatever you do, good luck and thanks for all the shows!

73 es gud dx de KB7DX.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hate to see you go Cale, but totally understand. Your's was really the only radio pod that I could listen to for more than one episode, and I tried to pike several others. Good luck with wherever you go from here, hopefully you're at least staying in the hobby and will continue to be around here, thanks for all the entertainment and information
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well dang... I just found you!

Are the podcast going to stay online to where w can still listen to them?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I'll maintain the website and the database of shows.

ETA: Thanks Y'all!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Great podcast, I learned a lot. I know you're also a No Agenda producer, so 'In the morning to you, sir!'
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
You had a good run on those. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You were pushing hard and got burnt out, can't say I blame you.

Really love your show, and hope you continue enjoying the hobby!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck and thank you for a hell of a ride, my friend.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn... Thanks for the hard work and great podcast..

Bummer, but I cant blame you..  With litttle time I have it still isn't enough for the Family...

God Bless

Prosise
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Well if you ask me, you went out on top!  Thank you for the highest of high quality content.  I'm glad you're being true to yourself.  Generations can now reap the rewards of your efforts thanks to the magic of podcasting!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:14:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I appreciate all the effort you put into the podcast, they were great. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:53:07 AM EDT
[#13]
You had a great run and it was a pleasure meeting you last year.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you for doing it. You helped a lot of people on the way.
Family comes first.  Best of luck to you.
73!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Not much I can add to all the above.  It was a great show.  I listened to every one of them, usually on my iPhone on my morning walks.  I loved the style and the content.  Even as a ham for 57 years now, I learned a LOT.  I also like the podcast that have spun off from your show, and hope they will be around for a while.

Anyway, it was a great run, but I can understand the time it takes to do a quality product.  Ham radio is fun, but family is more important.  Hope you stay active in the hobby and continue to hang around with us here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to hear you're done with it.  It was the only podcast I followed with any regularity.

Will the Workbench podcasts continue?  I know that's not you, but they were closely associated with you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Y'all!

Yes the WB and FRP will continue, linked below

WB Podcast

FRPodcast
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hear that. You were doing a great job with the podcast. I'm sure a lot of people, including myself, really appreciate what you have done for the ham community.
Hope the podcast did not affect your family life. I'm sure it can be very time consuming. Either way, don't give up the hobby. Maybe one of these days we can get together and activate a SOTA peak here in the area. Wishing you good luck!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Sad to hear that. Good luck on your next projects!
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck man. One of the only podcasts I've ever listened to. Hope you find something exciting to occupy your time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck man, sad to hear that.  I loved your podcast,  y'all did a great job and good luck with what ever future endeavors you embark upon!
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Ham Radio Podcast #4 checking in .....

Thank you, well done, and good luck for the future
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I've listened to a handful of your podcasts and enjoyed them.  I also have two of your antenna analyzer kits waiting for my brother in law and myself to build.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Fo, then. There are other worlds than these.

Good luck in your future endeavors, Cale. HR360 was a bright spot in the ham community. You done good, boy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brother Ham Cale-

I have not had the time to follow you, as I have been busy as the volunteer Cinematopgher for my Ham Club. I TOTALLY get what you are saying, feel your pain, and have the same misery. I do soup to nuts, operate 2 Cams 2+ independent Aux Audio feeds (arfcommer creedo, *Buy 2*). It has been a wide and wild ride have spent thousands of dollars out of pocket for training, equipment, allocation of real dollar work time. I truly enjoy it for many deep and personal reasons. I will be meeting with incredibly prolific W2AEW soon, as he is a scheduled Presenter at our Club in a few months. I look forward to speaking with *Yoda* and picking his brain, am I. Perhaps I can GROK his wisdom - if I don't, I fear burning out is inevitable. The Ham community will always appreciate the *Givers* like you, LOL, till you become as they say, "Out of sight, out of mind."

w2nz
View Quote
Is any of your work out there for public consumption?  Well-produced ham club videos sounds relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Enjoyed listening for the last couple of years you made the treadmill go much easier.  Thanks Cale.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Enjoyed listening for the last couple of years you made the treadmill go much easier.  Thanks Cale.
View Quote
& @NZT

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#30]
@NZT check out TFM it may be below your interest, but my sons are learning a ton about filmmaking (almost too much).

It's turning out to be one of the best investments I've made on their behalf!
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For the past year, we have had a *Presentation Series*, some of the guest Presenters have been W2TTT on Ham NYC Marathon Coverage & MESH, W3LPL on his Antenna Farm and his yearly Ham BBQ, W2IRT, W2UDT (that one is not up as well as K1RFD which I am still working on), Tom Gallagher, Mike Lisenco, W2NAF of HamSci (back this Friday) on the contribution of Amateurs toward the study of RF Propagation metrics from the 2017 Total Eclipse, Ria Jairam (very popular) and more.

youtube.fairlawnarc.org is the channel. It has been a tremendous learning experience as I had minimal Video Experience, but some very early 16mm Film Editing with my Dad (RIP) - lotsa pain scraping my knees, falling on my face and aggravating my RSD.
View Quote
Cool, I'm going to check out your channel later on.  I can't see it on the LAN here.   Sounds like your stuff is right up my alley.

Cale, sorry for the hijack!  Felt like I had to strike while the iron was hot instead of trying to remember "just who was it that said they made ham videos that one time."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top