Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2024 9:27:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: extractr]
Went out with my son last night to a couple farms.  At the first,  I had only played a few vocals, when I see 2 coming in from the right in some brush.   My son doesn't get out as much, so I told him if we only had a shot at one,  I would let him shoot.  When they stopped about 125 yards out,  I could only see the one on the right.  I didn't realize the only one he could see from his view was the one on the left.  He shot and it dropped, and the other took off.  I tried a shot at about 300+  as he was about to be gone for good.  I thought I was recording on my phone,  but didn't realize until after that it was only recording on my scope, so we couldn't review the footage.  The brush and grass is so thick at this place, you can't see them on the ground unless you know where they are.  We looked for an hour, but couldn't find it.  We have shot them there before, and even with thermals, you can't see them unless you are literally right on top of it.   We usually have to review the video, and walk the person to where it is at.  You could definitely hear the thump when it hit him.  After reviewing the footage this morning, we were actually looking in a different spot last night.

Next farm we went to, we got set up and could see one sitting about 800-900 yards out on a hill.  We played a few vocals, and he went nuts.   He sat there and challenge howled for about 5 minutes.  I played a few different vocals, and he came on a dead run towards us.   He was out of sight for a few minutes and then popped up down the fence a ways.  He stopped about 200 yards out and I dropped him.  I thought I pulled the shot, but it hit him right where I wanted.  My son who was sitting about 50 yards away covering the other side of the barn, said he saw it too, and was beginning to squeeze his trigger when I shot.   Fun night of hunting with family.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good night out with your son, congratulations!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for sharing and congratulations. Times like this with family or friends are special memories!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Video up now.  Forgot to youtube link it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats on the coyotes but the time spent with your son is "where it's at".
Top Top