Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2023 6:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usncorpsman1]
I have wanted a Bronco since they were announced but decided to give it a few years to work out the bugs. I actually ordered a Black Diamond, but saw this Wildtrak on the showroom floor for the same price as the lower optioned model and it already came standard with the Sasquatch Package I ordered on the other.

This truck is a beast and looks good with the 35” tires. I hope it treats me right as this is the first American car I have purchased since 1998.  Time will tell.

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Does that windshield fold down like my 68 bronco?  Is that what the things on the front of the hood are for?
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SR712] [#2]
They look like tie-downs for the canoe people?

Vehicle looks nice, OP. Are the back-side windows supposed to be all wrinkled like that?

How much OTD?
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Does that windshield fold down like my 68 bronco?  Is that what the things on the front of the hood are for?
View Quote

The window does not fold down. I was told the rail on the hood was tying canoes and as a reference point in close spaces.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:52:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usncorpsman1] [#4]
Originally Posted By SR712:
They look like tie-downs for the canoe people?

Vehicle looks nice, OP. Are the back-side windows supposed to be all wrinkled like that?

How much OTD?
View Quote

Lol……the windows are a known issue with the Bronco, but are not really an issue. The back half of the roof tilts up to better access the rear of the truck. The widows are designed that way in order for this feature to work. I wish I could bounce a quarter off them and the roof, but alas….I cannot.

$66k OTD. I had a 05 Tundra and 11 Mazda 3 which I sold for 15k which made the deal more palatable.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I can’t believe how expensive new vehicles are now. That seems so outrageous to me.
Nice car though. Hope you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usncorpsman1] [#6]
Originally Posted By tatsngats:
I can’t believe how expensive new vehicles are now. That seems so outrageous to me.
Nice car though. Hope you enjoy it.
View Quote

Yep….new vehicles are stupid expensive and the interest rates as well. Thank god for Navy Federal Credit Union and an over 800 credit  score on my end. I got 4.99%, but I also put down $30k. My first brand new 2005 Toyota Tundra XSP was $30k OTD, sad that is a down payment today.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch some of the crash tests done on those new Bronco's. You'll never drive that thing again. They fold up like a beer can. Also some have the ole belt driven oil pumps, wonder how long they will last.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usncorpsman1] [#8]
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag:
Watch some of the crash tests done on those new Bronco's. You'll never drive that thing again. They fold up like a beer can. Also some have the ole belt driven oil pumps, wonder how long they will last.
View Quote

The truck did well in crash tests and much better than any Jeep. If you are referring to the TikTok video, it has already been proven to be a fake. As far as the belt for the oil pump, that may be a different story.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks cool OP.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice ride OP.

And referring to your other thread, great hunt.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 3:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#11]
Congrats on the new vehicle.

EDITED BECAUSE I'VE BEEN EDUCATED.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag:
View Quote

Vehicles today are designed to self destruct to save the passenger compartment.  Visual damage is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:

Vehicles today are designed to self destruct to save the passenger compartment.  Visual damage is irrelevant.
View Quote

LOL... are you saying the damage to that Bronco in the video I posted is "irrelevant"?

There is no passenger compartment left...
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Those videos are all FAKE. They were made by a guy who used a video game to make them. My god, they even look fake and where in the United States is there a wall in the center of an interstate where the semi could do that to you?.

Link to fake video

https://www.tiktok.com/@verifythis/video/7255766311551110442?lang=en
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By usncorpsman1:
Those videos are all FAKE. They were made by a guy who used a video game to make them. My god, they even look fake and where in the United States is there a wall in the center of an interstate where the semi could do that to you?.

Link to fake video

https://www.tiktok.com/@verifythis/video/7255766311551110442?lang=en
View Quote

Damn... sorry about that, these days I guess you just never know anymore...
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

LOL... are you saying the damage to that Bronco in the video I posted is "irrelevant"?

There is no passenger compartment left...
View Quote

Ummm.....yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top