Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 2:37:33 AM EDT
Another cool evening provided some good yote calling.

First stand took a while. Two came running in, one broke off and went into the woods and the other came to the caller. Made about a 75 yard shot.

After about an hour, I moved to another location and within five minutes a pair came across the road to the caller. At first they ran about 45-degrees away from me along a fence line. Then I realized they were headed for perhaps their normal place of crossing. Turned out to be the case... as soon as they went under the fence, they turned back towards me coming hard and fast. A quick bark stopped one... downed him at about 75 yards. I hit the caller as the female was headed away, she stopped, turned and came back. Shot her at about 100 yards. Two down in short order.

Another great night killing yotes... makes four for the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#1]
That’s great, OP!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. Let’s see your rifle!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By XeroSasEnchros:
Awesome. Let’s see your rifle!
View Quote

6.5 Grendel, Trijicon Hunter Mk III 35mm, YHM LT can.

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got my first Friday night after a couple months of no luck. Pup distress brought him in within ten minutes of setup. We couldn’t recover him in the tall beans but with two shooters and all these pieces flying I have no question he was dead
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got my first Friday night after a couple months of no luck. Pup distress brought him in within ten minutes of setup. We couldn’t recover him in the tall beans but with two shooters and all these pieces flying I have no question he was dead
View Quote

Congrats on the kill. The weather here is starting to get a little better for night hunting, I'll soon be back at it.

When hunting over tall grass I've got to where I'll leave the rifle oriented in the direction of the kill, if it's a single, it helps me guide to the area better for recovery. I've got better at actually paying attention and spotting the kill area. I hate missing a photo op lol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Congrats on the kill. The weather here is starting to get a little better for night hunting, I'll soon be back at it.

When hunting over tall grass I've got to where I'll leave the rifle oriented in the direction of the kill, if it's a single, it helps me guide to the area better for recovery. I've got better at actually paying attention and spotting the kill area. I hate missing a photo op lol.
View Quote

Thanks. The weather is definitely more comfortable to be in at night. I just mounted my TLR-2 to the side and plan on zeroing it at 200-250 yards this weekend. That was a tip from another hunter, after the shot turn the laser on and lock the tripod. He said he just walks out until he trips over the dog, and it works everytime  lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top