Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2021 9:40:06 AM EDT
We are in the process of getting moved out of our house and getting ready to build. I have built a dog run and two above ground kennels for my OMCBA curs Tilly and Gabby. Yesterday was our first full day in the camper and these dogs caught sight of a squirrel and were tree'd hard for nearly 2 hours before I went out to check on them. Can't wait for our squirrel season to start here in Alabama. Even with the eaves on the trees I plan to take these dogs out as much as possible.

This is Gabby on the tree
Attachment Attached File

This is Tilly on the tree
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Good lookin pups! There's nothing like good dogs.

I can't wait for the cooler weather. Don't hunt squirrels, but me and my pup will be looking for hogs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish we had enough hogs nearby that I could go after. I do plan to coon with them, but it needs to get cooler before I’ll start getting them back in the woods.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:47:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1ipschoser] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jfor:
I wish we had enough hogs nearby that I could go after. I do plan to coon with them, but it needs to get cooler before I’ll start getting them back in the woods.
View Quote

Try the Warrior Mountains (Bankhead NF) and Talladega NF outside of the Oakmulgee WMA if you're in the north central part of the state. Plenty of hogs around.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 3:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raverill] [#4]
I’ve been practicing with my wirehaired dachshund, he climbed this tree chasing squirrels and got like 15’  in the air on a branch.  This guy is ready for a real hunt

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That's awesome!!! Love seeing dogs doing what they are bred for! I tok my curs out last night for a nitehunt to chase some racoons. We were out maybe 30 minutes tops and they got their first coon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raverill] [#6]
That's awesome!!! Love seeing dogs doing what they are bred for! I tok my curs out last night for a nitehunt to chase some racoons. We were out maybe 30 minutes tops and they got their first coon.
View Quote

I’ve heard the curs have crazy energy and drive to hunt, would like to see them work!
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Squirrels have a hunting season?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
We are in the process of getting moved out of our house and getting ready to build. I have built a dog run and two above ground kennels for my OMCBA curs Tilly and Gabby. Yesterday was our first full day in the camper and these dogs caught sight of a squirrel and were tree'd hard for nearly 2 hours before I went out to check on them. Can't wait for our squirrel season to start here in Alabama. Even with the eaves on the trees I plan to take these dogs out as much as possible.

This is Gabby on the tree
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52534/image_6483441__1__JPG-2062936.JPG

This is Tilly on the tree
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52534/image_6483441_JPG-2062937.JPG
View Quote

I'm in south AL OP....where did you get the pups?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LAJ1980:

I'm in south AL OP....where did you get the pups?
View Quote

I got them from a guy over in Columbus, MS. They are out of World Squirrel Champion TN Maximus and Sipsey Swamp Hope. If you are interested in good dogs, look for a guy named Clifton Robinson. He is down your way. Maybe 3 hours north of you. He has some great dogs. I just happened to run across mine from a Facebook group.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Sure thing. If you are on Facebook, look for the group “Alabama Squirrel Hunters”.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top