Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2020 4:09:28 PM EDT
Got a deal on 20 bulbs of Garlic at the Farmer's Market a couple weeks ago....They have sat at room temperature 70-80F since.  Some are sprouting.  

Should I go ahead and plant the larger outer Cloves or should I invest in "Seed" Garlic and wait till it arrives???

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they're sprouting you've got nothing to lose by planting them. It's a little early (we plant early November) but not horribly so.
View Quote

Concur.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Plant. Just planted here in central IL. 224 cloves. Johnnie Logan Extra. Been planting same garlic over 30 years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there a cliffs notes on how to grow garlic?

Just bought a house end of August so it was too late to start anything but growing some of our own food was always one of the things I most looked forward to home ownership.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Everything you need to know, Dick Raymond's "Joy of Gardening".

My copy is over 30 years old but is still in print.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Everything you need to know, Dick Raymond's "Joy of Gardening".

My copy is over 30 years old but is still in print.
View Quote

Ordered.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 1:45:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there a cliffs notes on how to grow garlic?

Just bought a house end of August so it was too late to start anything but growing some of our own food was always one of the things I most looked forward to home ownership.
View Quote

These guys are great.  I ordered my first garlic to plant from them about seven years ago.  I'm still planting the offspring of those plants.  They have a great writeup on how to grow it, it's really not hard.  https://www.filareefarm.com/growing.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top