Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2019 10:00:26 PM EDT
We have some long fields that are very productive to shoot long range on pigs during daylight.  The issue is our deer stands are, well, deer stands.  They are no set up for 200+ yard shots with precision.  I have kicked around setting up some good stands but I travel in on hunting weekends so time becomes a premium.  Yes, I could by any amount of lumber and build a house, but I am coming in hot, camper, motorcycles, sxs, etc.  I need an easy set up and executable long range table set up.  With sales, I am there for $400.  The quad stand from Academy at $240 plus the Big Game, or Muddy swivel shooting bench at $150 makes it happen.  Since this is the first attempt, I busted the boxes and built it in the yard for fit.  You can have the shooter and a sighter on a bucket if desired.  The rails drop low enough for the table to clear just fine.  Drop some camo along the rail and you are good to go.  Stand is 10’ tall.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
How sturdy ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Rock solid.  I put this same bench in another platform stand over Thanksgiving and made several 400+ yards shots.  The quad platform has tons of crossbracing and will serve as a good base.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Now I’m wanting one for a portable stand. Personally if the ground was level enough I’d have used a pop up blind. But you may want to add one. Most of my long range shots were off 4x5 round bales. They make a good blind and are solid rest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
They ain’t cheap, but semi-locally CeeBee’s treestands are probably the most rock solid option I have ever been in. If they had something like the Millinium swivel seat it would be hard to beat.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool idea OP! That looks like a sweet setup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top