Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2018 8:59:50 AM EDT
Anyone flown with game meat lately?  Specifically wild pork. Is it better to fly with it frozen solid or just cold with gel packs? Is there a rule with airlines or just individual preference?  Carry on or checked?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just flew back with frozen hog from San Antonio to Seattle.

Stacked frozen in 2 coolers and checked in

Still frozen after a 5hr flight and 2hr drive home.

Delicious!!  The little holes are from the arrow I used.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/47594/pig-770435.jpg
View Quote
What cut of meat is that?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Update: got it home safely, just cooked some last night. I could eat this almost every day of the year, it's better than almost anything.  I cooked it at 300 degrees for about an hour rubbed with Dijon, basil, oregano, truffle flavored salt, and onion powder then topped with artichokes and white wine sauce.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update: got it home safely, just cooked some last night. I could eat this almost every day of the year, it's better than almost anything.  I cooked it at 300 degrees for about an hour rubbed with Dijon, basil, oregano, truffle flavored salt, and onion powder then topped with artichokes and white wine sauce.
View Quote
Sure! Wait till you get a rutty boar that’s been living off roadkills and cow manure. When you cook him the sulfur smell makes you gag and the meat is so tough the crockpot has to work overtime.

Sometimes it’s plain delicious and other times I’ve seen the buzzards and coyotes not touch it.
Next ham switch the dejon mustard for regular mustard waffle syrup and brown sugar with chili powder and orange pineapple juice injection. Glaze every couple of hours and cover with foil for the last two to three hours. If you have access to a smoker the better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#7]
We have video of shooting pigs and them getting significant air. Not what you’re looking for but they need some of that to then get to the point if your inquiry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top