Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 10:36:39 AM EDT
My old lowrance x75 (i said old) is loosing pixels and it isn't good by today's standards anyway.

Friend has a 9 " lowrance elite, it's really nice - but over 2 grand and he has no idea how to use most of its features.

Gps plotting looks cool, but I don't know how much its needed - I'm not a pro  and I'm not hitting a new unknown lake every week.

I would like something that is about a 7" screen, can find fish in 150' either on bottom or suspended.  

Honestly I don't know how much it will get used, I'd rather be on a river fly fishing than sitting in a boat trolling for kokanee or jigging for whitefish.  Not a lot of bass lakes around here, the bucket biologists are planting walleye and northerns everywhere but I'm not real interested in either.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Lowrance Hook 7 or Humminbird Helix 7.  I'd honestly get the most loaded graph you can for your budget.  GPS, down imaging, & side imaging will make you a better fishermen.

Until you use livescope, mega live, etc. then you'll never want to fish with a basic graph again.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have swapped my boat to garmin.  Ive been extremely happy and the mapping is great.  I always ran Navionics on my birds, but for the money I think Garmin offers a great product.  You will use the mapping and SV/SI more than you think, once you have it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at the hook 7" - there are several different models - splitshot, tripleshot, gps, gps plotting, etc.  I've seen some complaints that you can't upload maps to some of them, but you can to others.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Walmart has the Lowrance Hook2 7x split shot on sale for $99
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:27:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 154incher] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Lowrance just lowered prices, especially on the Live series.

I just orders an HDS-Live 12" to go with my 7".  Well worth the investment.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I know this is an old thread but the HDS-Live 9" is over half off at Bass Pro for $999.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:
I know this is an old thread but the HDS-Live 9" is over half off at Bass Pro for $999.
View Quote

That's because Lowrance has just announced the follow on Pro model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top