Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2020 9:51:27 PM EDT
Had some rain earlier today so I figured the hogs would be out this afternoon...they were.

Recently got my Mk12 clone build completed and wanted to get some trigger time with it. Used home rolled Mk 262 clone ammo, Sierra 77gr SMK and AA2520.

This boar was no challenge as I stalked to within 50 yards, has some nice cutters.

This one was shot at about 200 yards, I used the hood of my truck as a rest.

Killed three smaller ones, all in all, five hogs for the afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Love the build. And nice job on the hogs! All bang-flop with the 77gr?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
How much 2520? I've been wanting to work up a load for the 77s.

Nice pigs, I'm probably going to set up tonight for them, they're wearing us out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice pigs, I'm probably going to set up tonight for them, they're wearing us out.
View Quote

DRT with the proper shot placement.

This load is 23.5grs. I'm going to work up some loads with TAC later on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Tac will tighten up your extreme spread. Nice job on the porkers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bowhunter ..... congrats!

In case I missed it somewhere, who's barrel did you use?

I too am interested to hear how the TAC loads work out for you.  I've never been much of a TAC fan (seems that most of my rifles don't care for it), but my RPR 5.56 loves it .... so I'm learning to try it again. LOL
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bowhunter ..... congrats!

In case I missed it somewhere, who's barrel did you use?

I too am interested to hear how the TAC loads work out for you.  I've never been much of a TAC fan (seems that most of my rifles don't care for it), but my RPR 5.56 loves it .... so I'm learning to try it again. LOL
View Quote

After two failed barrels from Ballistic Advantage, I settled on a Criterion from Craddock Precision.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#7]
What’s the story on the BA barrels? I’ve always had good luck with their stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What’s the story on the BA barrels? I’ve always had good luck with their stuff.
View Quote

Me too... that's why I was surprised... the two nitride barrels shot like shit, bullets were leaving the bore unstable, damaged my suppressor, and yes, everything was aligned as it should have been.

After two bad nitride finished barrels, I asked for a SS one, it's on a different build and seems to be ok so far.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thread need more dead pigs.  Keep shooting until truck bed full. Dump . Repeat.  Assume you like the Trijicon?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thread need more dead pigs.  Keep shooting until truck bed full. Dump . Repeat.  Assume you like the Trijicon?
View Quote

Yes, so far no zero shift issues. I do miss the recording capability of the Trail though. Does the Trijicon perform commensurately better cost wise? No. But to me the zero shift was just too much. Had the Trail held zero I'd have bought a second one by now. I'm hoping the Trail 2 proves to be a performer.

I'm pretty much done with night hunting now that it's getting hot... I might slip out now and again but for the most part, I'm done until October.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice job, especially the 200 yard shot. Most of my shots these days are within a hundred yards or less, we always seem to be able to stalk up really close
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top