Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2022 2:54:57 PM EDT
Anybody have any firsthand knowledge of these. My father as been talking about a freestyle model he want and I was thinking about getting him one for his birthday.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:54:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terriblis] [#1]
The Freestyle is still on Kickstarter with an estimated availability of May.
Just pointing that out in case his birthday is before they ship.

If I didn't already have 2 Firebox G2 Originals (titanium and steel) I would be all over the Freestyle.
I also have 3 Solo Stoves and 3 or 4 other wood burners.

Plus 3 white gas, several Esbit, several propane, and several alcohol. Eventually you can have too many stoves. Or so my wife tells me..

The Firebox stoves are nice, very adjustable, lots of cooking options with them.
Solo Stoves seem to burn cleaner. Probably due to better gasification.
The Firebox folds flat which makes packing easier.

Definitely not a lightweight stove. Mine goes on winter trips when I am pulling a pulk, short distance overnighters, or car camping. Basically when I am not concerned about weight.
Unlike Steve I do not have goats to carry part of the gear and my dog is too old to carry much weight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Reposted from your other thread.

Emberlit, compact when not in use, stainless.
4Dog Bushcooker, titanium, very efficient and can burn alcohol.
Solo Stove Lite, more compact than the Bushcooker, very efficient and fits in the small bush pot.

My favorite is the Bushcooker, stores in the large bush pot with a bit of room to spare.

eta: I sold the one Firebox stove that I had.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys! Looks like I'm going to go down the rabbit hole of portable stoves. Might have to pick one up for myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top