Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2022 7:51:03 AM EDT
How many of you are using some sort of feeder lights?  Looking at different options for setting up some on my feeder.  My buddy has some of the round kill lights from elusive wildlife that work pretty good for hogs that are under the feeder.  But my feeder throws corn pretty far so need something that lights up more area around the feeder.  I'm thinking of using a kill light under the feeder and making my own green light to mount on a pole with a light that Walmart sells.  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-5000-Lumen-Motion-Sensor-Solar-Street-Light/762418512
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By PearlWhiteGT:
How many of you are using some sort of feeder lights?  Looking at different options for setting up some on my feeder.  My buddy has some of the round kill lights from elusive wildlife that work pretty good for hogs that are under the feeder.  But my feeder throws corn pretty far so need something that lights up more area around the feeder.  I'm thinking of using a kill light under the feeder and making my own green light to mount on a pole with a light that Walmart sells.  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-5000-Lumen-Motion-Sensor-Solar-Street-Light/762418512
View Quote

You can use duck tape and a old feed sack and make a skirt to keep the feed under the feeder. I’ve heard that feed light’s drain batteries.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

You can use duck tape and a old feed sack and make a skirt to keep the feed under the feeder. I’ve heard that feed light’s drain batteries.
View Quote

I plan on using solar to keep them running.  Thanks for the idea of the feed sack though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldnt buy another from Elusive Wildlife. Mine died in under 3 months. Wont power on anymore. Internal battery.

Another brand may work but they're probably all Chinese at that price point.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:02:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: andre3k] [#4]
I use HF motion activated lights from harbor freight. I put green film over the lens. They're not super bright but it allows me to hunt at night. They're around $20 each when on sale.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The round Moultrie green lights tied to T posts positioned at 3, 6 & 9 o’clock around the feeder in relation to my shooting position is what I normally do for shooters who don’t have night vision and are using traditional deer hunting rifles with magnified scopes.  I also have some feeders with those fairly inexpensive solar landscape lights that are stuck into the ground. The hogs get used to them being on and don’t seem to mess with them. Cows on the other hand destroy them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top