Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2018 11:22:05 AM EDT
Thanks for stepping in here.  I'm wanting to plan a hog hunt, sooner rather than later, for my dad and I.  He is 74 and just recently expressed a desire to go hog hunting.  Neither of us have ever been and I want to plan a good hunt that doesn't break the bank.  We live in SW Mo and could get to Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas with ease depending on what part of the state the hunt is in.

He wants to blast hogs so bad, he brings it up every time we talk.  I want to get this for him because he's been a great dad and grandad to my kids!

I'm leaning on the resident hog hunting pros of Arfcom to help me sort this out.  I need solid recommendations on places to go for guided hunts that will deliver hogs to my dad.  I want him to wear out his should blasting piggies.  He did right by me and I want to deliver a dream hunt for him.  Please help me do this!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I can only speak for places in Florida, but if you want to come here, Chappy's Outfitters is a first-class operation.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Give me a shout via pm.  I know somebody that kills a few
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give me a shout via pm.  I know somebody that kills a few
View Quote
IM inbound, I'll email as well.  Thank you
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can only speak for places in Florida, but if you want to come here, Chappy's Outfitters is a first-class operation.
View Quote
Thank you, Florida would be a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibilities.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I can recommend Ranger Creek Ranch in Seymour, TX.  You won't wear out your shoulder shooting hogs, but you will have the opportunity to kill some big ones. My wife and I each bagged a 250+ pounder. Nice people, good food, comfortable lodging.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Contact Silence The Night. They’re a NV and thermal outfit with some serious toys. They’re good buddies of mine, and have approx 70k acres worth of hunting. They also have a chopper on contract if that’s your thing as well. If you want to put a hurting on your shoulder then these are the guys to do it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can recommend Ranger Creek Ranch in Seymour, TX.  You won't wear out your shoulder shooting hogs, but you will have the opportunity to kill some big ones. My wife and I each bagged a 250+ pounder. Nice people, good food, comfortable lodging.
View Quote
I grew up hunting all around RCR. It’s loaded with hogs as well. Not familiar with their operations anymore. Last I heard they changed things up a bit. Either way the land has plenty of em.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, we just spent the first of two nights at 4 Amigos Ranch.  There were several other hunters there besides my wife and me. Nine in all. But we were cordoned into various places on the ranch so we didn't step on each others' toes. They put you in pre-selected blind. They drop you off and pick you up for a 5-8 pm hunt, bring you back for dinner, they drop you off for a 11pm to 1am hunt.  They are very organized, more so than some other ranches, and we actually liked that. The blinds are top notch and in good repair and the feeders go off on time. We saw many hogs. Most of the hogs at this ranch are smaller than you'd see elsewhere. A 140 lb. hog would be at the upper end of the scale. We each took a hog the first night out.  One was 70 lbs, the other 110 lbs. There were many 30-50 lb. hogs running around and some of the hunters took these. Two hunters bagged two 40 pounders with one shot. If you go to this place you will have fun and get your hog(s). If you want to shoot the big boars, you might want to go to Ranger Creek. We've had fun at both places.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Got two more hogs on our second night at 4 Amigos. We had the best luck of the four groups there, largely due to our use of a thermal scope. If you want to get hogs do NOT try to rely on the green spotlight method, go with true night vision or preferably thermal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got two more hogs on our second night at 4 Amigos. We had the best luck of the four groups there, largely due to our use of a thermal scope. If you want to get hogs do NOT try to rely on the green spotlight method, go with true night vision or preferably thermal.
View Quote
Thermal is the best option for eradication.  Nicely done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top