Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2023 10:58:58 PM EDT
I passed general in 2021 and impulse bought an ft891, fc 50 and whatever the go to power supply was as well as a skyloop, 200 foot of cable and all the connectors and adapters and etc. it’s sat and other than pulling out the radio and fiddling with it everything is still in the box untouched.  

I’m going to sell it off, but is it better to sell as a package or try and piece it out?

Where should I sell it off at?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll get more for it selling the components individually.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. but the FC50 will be a hard sell. The 891 will be an easy sell, they are still extremely popular. The Tuner is, lets say underperformer and over priced.  I can't imagine why Yaesu made an external tuner that should be a wideband tuner like the Icom AH4, yet its tuning range is listed at 3:1 SWR. Boggles the mind.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Agreed. but the FC50 will be a hard sell. The 891 will be an easy sell, they are still extremely popular. The Tuner is, lets say underperformer and over priced.  I can't imagine why Yaesu made an external tuner that should be a wideband tuner like the Icom AH4, yet its tuning range is listed at 3:1 SWR. Boggles the mind.
View Quote

The fact it says Yaesu in it means it will sell unless it’s way overpriced. Agreed on the 3:1 limit, lol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not only more for it but higher likelihood the items will sell faster. It kills my interest when people bundle a rig I want with tuners and power supplies which are like cockroaches here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]
So a bump to ask where the best place to list this stuff? EE? Reddit /r/hamfest?

Ive never sold off electronics, only guns.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Try QRZ as well. If you're at a club, see if they have a swap table, or if they're a 501c3 you can always donate it to the club and get a tax write off that way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
That 891 will be gone on QRZ within a couple hours if you price it right. The FC50 will be a harder sell due to their price:tuning ability.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
HRCC, Ham Radio 2.0 and POTA all have Discord channels with a place to sell stuff.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had good luck posting on Arfcom EE and on QTH.com classifieds.

Tire kickers, scammers, cheapskates and douche bags will make it an unpleasant endeavor to say the least.  

Good luck with your sale OP.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Entire lot sold in 3 hours on QRZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top