Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2019 2:48:08 PM EDT
Field movement?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL    You win funniest internet question of the day.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What's OP gonna use to move this field a gooseneck hitch or fifth wheel?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I know we have always joked about using an electric golf cart.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
If I could afford one of the all electric rangers, I’d use one.  As much as Polaris sucks, silence would be worthless.  We use a truck, or standard gas powered buggy to get around .  No telling how many hear us, and get gone before we come around the corner.  I’m sure quite a few . We tried a golf cart, the battery doesn’t last under that kind of strain, and they’re just not built for rough environment
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I could afford one of the all electric rangers, I’d use one.  As much as Polaris sucks, silence would be worthless.  We use a truck, or standard gas powered buggy to get around .  No telling how many hear us, and get gone before we come around the corner.  I’m sure quite a few . We tried a golf cart, the battery doesn’t last under that kind of strain, and they’re just not built for rough environment
View Quote
We used a Bad Boy Buggy the other night and the pigs still busted us coming into one field. We could see about sixteen going over the top of a hill about a quarter mile away. Then we switched to the feed truck that puts out feed for the cows on this ranch and got three sows. Sorry no pictures this ranch doesn’t want it out there that they have pigs. But everyone knows they have pigs. So if the ranch uses a feed truck try driving it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried riding my mountain bike with NODs on a ranch I knew well and that had good flat roads.  As far as stealth movement was concerned, it went great.  The mesquite thorns on the other hand—that was the deal breaker.  Someone suggested getting solid rubber tires, but I never tried that and just went back to walking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
@bushman-la

Do you still have the video with James on the murdercycle?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried riding my mountain bike with NODs on a ranch I knew well and that had good flat roads.  As far as stealth movement was concerned, it went great.  The mesquite thorns on the other hand—that was the deal breaker.  Someone suggested getting solid rubber tires, but I never tried that and just went back to walking.
View Quote
I recommend tubeless and using Stan's or a homemade mix (lookup BAMFSv2) for your mtb tires. Damn this makes me want nods...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top