Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 8:32:13 PM EDT
I dont really hunt but I always keep a feeder full on my property and I have always used corn and I also feed apples year around but not many apples. What else would be good but not cost a fortune to keep in the feeder?

I just keep reading that corn is not a good feed for deer but I can say that when I have put other stuff in it they dont eat it
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Bales of Alfalfa hay.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The deer on my property show up for corn every day. I buy it in bags labeled "deer corn" so I'm not sure who else I would feed it to.

NOTE: my chickens and the wild turkeys apparently can't read the label because they also eat it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The deer around here don't seem to care for chicken or horse feed.

All the critters go apeshit for regular corn, despite living next to miles of corn fields.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
We feed the deer corn in the winter because we enjoy seeing them. It gets pricy if you give them all they'll eat. I've quit doing that since up to a dozen will show up late day and they'll go through two 50# bags easily, and more if I'd put it out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Around here deer will walk out of a 160 acre field of standing corn to eat spilled corn on the ground where the grain cart was loading the semi.  

Not sure if that helps narrow it down for you.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a gravity feeder that I made out of 55 gal drum and the Game Winner Universal Feed Tube. I put corn and Purina Deer Protein Pellets into. I took them about a month to figure it, but now they're hammering it.

I also pick up fallen apples at the local orchard for free and put them out. Chestnuts if you can find them cheap are also good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top