Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2021 1:52:39 PM EDT
When I was a kid we were invited to dove shoots most years, and helped in the field-prep process, and over the years had some great shoots. But I haven't been on a dove shoot in 20+ years now and no longer have any connections to the people we used to hunt with.

I'd love to find a good pay hunt. Anywhere in KY/IA/MO/GA/AL/MS/LA/AR/KS/TN.....location isn't critical. I might even consider Texas.

I'd prefer a place that is set up to shoot all season long, and possibly go mid to late September or even October, after the weather cools off a bit, instead of sweating it out opening weekend.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not aware of any pay places to dove hunt in KS.  There are tons of public walk in hunting areas (WIHA)....essentially where a farmer leases his place out to the state for hunters to access/use on foot.  I've had decent luck dove hunting some of the WIHAs in north east KS.  I suspect you could save some money by lodging yourself (camping at a state/county lake or just renting a room).  Part of the fun for me is looking for/scouting out the critters.  Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CPTCARL:
I'm not aware of any pay places to dove hunt in KS.  There are tons of public walk in hunting areas (WIHA)....essentially where a farmer leases his place out to the state for hunters to access/use on foot.  I've had decent luck dove hunting some of the WIHAs in north east KS.  I suspect you could save some money by lodging yourself (camping at a state/county lake or just renting a room).  Part of the fun for me is looking for/scouting out the critters.  Best of luck to you.
View Quote

Lots of public dove fields in Kansas. Fish and Game plants sunflowers specifically for doves.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Southern Ohio, loads of dove fields that are maintained by the Ohio Department of Wildlife.  It should be pretty hot this year. I’m seeing more birds than normal already.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]
No other hunt will ever be the same..

Good luck.

Nooner Ranch Whitewing Dove Hunting

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top