Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2018 8:45:38 PM EDT
Killed 3 in the last 2 weeks.  They had stopped commung to the stand and no new pictures. I know there are more around.

I am pretty limited on where I can hunt them, being surrounded by subdivisions. How far off my old stand do I need to move?

Old stand is on the edge of a field with bait about 25 yards in. The woods goes back about 75 yards until the ground starts dropping sharply to a branch. Big hill on other side of branch that rises about 20 feet over 100 yards.

Does anyone think I will have luck near the branch bottom?

Just thinking they may come in to baitclose by, but be more comfortable in the cover of the woods.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
In the last 2 weeks how many times have you hunted that stand?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the last 2 weeks how many times have you hunted that stand?
View Quote
4 times. Only once did a coyote not come in.

It is an enclosed stand. With enough room to lay down in. I keep an air mattress in there with a warm sleeping bag.
I bought one of those cameras that sends you a text message with the picture. 1/2 hour before dark, go in stand, go to sleep with phone on vibrate. Every time phone vibrates, turn on night vision scope and see what tripped the camera. Shoot it if it is a coyote, rinse repeat.

After every time I shot a coyote, I would not go out until  the camera picked up another coyote. No coyotes have come in last week, shitgobs of deer though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I do quite a bit of coyote hunting, personally I think more than once a week is too much. They are pretty smart and catch on quick if too much pressure is put on.  I would give it a couple of weeks before I returned.. and if you have some game cams up that'll give you an inclination of them coming back.
With that said, I'm intrigued with your camera and sleep setup
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to believe this is a yote, will have examine file on computer, phone screen is kinda scratched.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do quite a bit of coyote hunting, personally I think more than once a week is too much. They are pretty smart and catch on quick if too much pressure is put on.  I would give it a couple of weeks before I returned.. and if you have some game cams up that'll give you an inclination of them coming back.
With that said, I'm intrigued with your camera and sleep setup
View Quote
The setup works like a charm, got another one tonight. Raccoons had been on the bait all night, then nothing happened for an hour, was fast asleep when the phone buzzed. DRT.
@USSRangerSM
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]
That's awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top