Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2020 11:48:51 PM EDT
I'm trying to get into coyote hunting but I need an electronic caller.  My ideal price range to begin with is around $150 and if I enjoy it then I'll upgrade.  I've seen several different brands but the reviews are a bit overwhelming determining which is best.  I would like to hear what y'all recommend and please keep the $150 price range in mind not $199.99 lol.  Thanks for the help family.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Im thinking about getting back into it myself.
FOXPRO used to be the gold standard and they have models in all price ranges.
Id be interested to hear what guys are using now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Some good deals on used callers can be had on Ebay.

I've purchased two used callers for about half of what they sold for originally.

Seems the summer time people lay off hunting and more used callers hit the market. Predator Masters Forum has a used Fury 2 for sale right now at an asking price of $275, you can probably get it for $250... a little over your budget but a great caller.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread is relevant to my interest.

I have an ancient caller that uses data cards and a wired speaker that I bought from a coworker years ago. Used it back then, but then stopped for predator hunting for 10 years.

Trying to get back into it, and dealing with that PITA wire and 4 sounds at a time,  I started thinking maybe I should get something better.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried the DIY route with highly rated 16 &20 min sessions.

I only had luck with a FoxPro! The dam things came running... one from the right. My buddy missed. One from the right at the next stand, I got. Another from behind; I got.
Those were the first of many, and I wouldn't change anything.
I would NOT trade my hellfire and a wiggly rabbit for anything!
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The FoxPro Patriot is a great entry level call and well within your price range.

https://www.gofoxpro.com/products/digital-game-calls/patriot
View Quote
Does anyone know why the manual says this:

"Try to avoid situations where the Patriot is placed at a lower elevation than the remote control
the caller should always be higher."

I live on a hill.  The remote control will be with me on my deck.  The caller will have to be positioned much lower down the hill.  Will the caller still work?  See pic below.

Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Beats me? I own one and also hunt hills, the base station has been below the remote hundreds of times. I never knew that was a thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Try to avoid situations where the Patriot is placed at a lower elevation than the remote control

I live on a hill.  The remote control will be with me on my deck.  The caller will have to be positioned much lower down the hill.  Will the caller still work?  See pic below.

https://i.imgur.com/hxGP3xh.jpg

Beats me? I own one and also hunt hills, the base station has been below the remote hundreds of times. I never knew that was a thing.
Top of page 16 for the product manual for the Patriot caller you linked above.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one of these.  How hard are they to use?  The programming looks confusing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Super simple.

Really the only thing you need to program is the "favorite call" buttons. It's one push to your go to calls.

It comes preloaded with 100 calls I believe?

I have since moved up to the FoxPro Shockwave so it's been a bit since I've used the Patroit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Top of page 16 for the product manual for the Patriot caller you linked above.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one of these.  How hard are they to use?  The programming looks confusing.
Super simple.

Really the only thing you need to program is the "favorite call" buttons. It's one push to your go to calls.

It comes preloaded with 100 calls I believe?

I have since moved up to the FoxPro Shockwave so it's been a bit since I've used the Patroit.
Thanks for the info.

Does the Shockwave come with the little rabbit tail shaking doo hickey thingabob?  How important is that?  $65 as an option to the patriot.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered the Foxpro Inferno last night for $145 total shipped.  I hope its a decent caller for the money.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/hxGP3xh.jpg
View Quote
Nice Turkey Box call sitting there on the right.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice Turkey Box call sitting there on the right.
View Quote
Standard off-the-shelf caller from Walmart (Primo?).  It's an excellent tool for scaring the shit out of turkeys, ensuring you never see them the rest of the decade.  At least, apparently the way I "use" it.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The FoxPro Patriot is a great entry level call and well within your price range.

https://www.gofoxpro.com/products/digital-game-calls/patriot
View Quote

I have the Patriot and I'm satisfied with it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought my Foxpro years ago but I have loved it ever since.  Don't know if they still have it but I called to ask if they have a factory second or used department.  I ended up buying basically a factory show piece.   Got a couple bucks off the price.  Couldn't hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top