Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2020 11:55:36 PM EDT
Cow elk at 0900 opening morning.

175 yrds with a .300Wby shooting 180 TTSX's.  She was quartering away from me so the bullet went in behind the front shoulder and out through the off shoulder.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#1]
That’ll make some great eats
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, and you brought enough gun.   I have a late season cow hunt here starting 12-15.  Currently debating myself on which gun to use.  Shots could be close, and I want to anchor mine where it stands.   Probably use a 300 win mag, but really wanting to take the more compact guns, a 308 AR or the 45-70GG.  All have worked well in the past.  

The terrain is really steep and thick and the area has a lot of decent Jeep roads I’ll be using for access via my SxS.  Leaning towards the mag fed AR, mainly because during transport in the machine any rifle has to be completely unloaded, and there will be a lot of in and out from the machine.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
From this.

Attachment Attached File

to this

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top