Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2023 9:20:24 AM EDT
I recall at least one regular on the ARFCOM weekly DMR net was using ClearNode with an Icom 7100.

After a fair amount of deliberation, I went ahead and ordered one. Should arrive tomorrow.

One of the main draws for me is that Clearnode can also talk with Echolink and Allstarnet. Oh, it can do digital modes as well, but the good old FM side got me interested. AND, the QTH-side interface is FM on UHF/VHF (depending on which radio card you order with it).

It's built on a Pi-4B mobo, which should also be nice -- a bit more horsepower than my PiZero Pi-Star hotspot.

So, I'm looking forward to getting it connected. Oh, and you can control the device via iPhone/Android app, which is kinda nice too.

If anyone has good/bad reviews of ClearNode (https://www.node-ventures.com), please share.

Cheers,

KRvW

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one that I mostly use for AllStarLink.

While I have tested digital on the Clearnode (worked fine), I have an OpenSpot4 that I tend to use for digital modes.
I am pretty pleased with the clearnode overall.

Enjoy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top