Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2018 4:38:09 PM EDT
This pair of hogs was called in from 300 yards using the Hog Pro iPhone app via Bluetooth to the Convergent Hunting Solutions Bullet HP electronic caller.  
The sound was created by Glenn Guess and is titled "Sow Histeria."  Shots were fired at 105 yards.  
There is no microphone on the PTS233, so just whisper "pew pew pew" to yourself while watching the shooting.

I have been having a hell of a good time with this caller.  It's a freaking rush when the hogs start coming in.

Hog Kill with Flir PTS233 Thermosight Pro

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
why the 10 round mag?  Seems if they let you hunt with Supressed, and NV, a larger mag cap seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why the 10 round mag?  Seems if they let you hunt with Supressed, and NV, a larger mag cap seems reasonable.
View Quote
I too always use 10 round mags in my AR (223/5.56 and 300Blk) when hunting.  I don't need many shots and I like how it stays out of the way when you rest the rifle on something.  Most other guys I hunt with who hunts with AR use 5 or 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool made the pig square dance. I use 20 round mags just in case of malfunction I got a little more to grab and hold onto.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Watch a couple YouTube hog hunting videos. You will very rarely see someone fire off more than 10 rounds a time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Watch a couple YouTube hog hunting videos. You will very rarely see someone fire off more than 10 rounds a time.
View Quote
Oh but when get to, its so so glorious.  :D
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh but when get to, its so so glorious.  :D
View Quote
You are not wrong :) I've always said I was going to use my SlideFire on a sounder one of these days.  Guess I better make that happen before DJT tramples muh rights.

For me, what mag I pack depends on the hunt.  4,000 acre feed lot hunt where we’re driving around spotting from a truck, shooting with tripods, and likely to see groups of multiple dozens of hogs? Sure I’ll run a 30-rounder.  150 acre ranch with little jeep trails where I’m hiking on foot all night and might come across lone boars or 1 small sounder at a time? 10-rounder in the gun for sure, with two more 10-rounders in my bag.

I do also keep 15+1 45ACP on my hip as some insurance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks OP. I downloaded the Android app and will give it a shot next time I'm at the lease
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice. I've heard some people have success and others not with that call. I've brought a bluetooth speaker with me a few times on hunts and have the app but I've never tried it myself.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice. I've heard some people have success and others not with that call. I've brought a bluetooth speaker with me a few times on hunts and have the app but I've never tried it myself.
View Quote
This caller is awesome, but you still have to know how to work an e-caller or you will have bad results. Most folks turn the volume to 11 straight away. That is a mistake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Not that I don't believe you... But that seems like a long distance for a Bluetooth. I do a lot of coyote hunting and it would be nice to use my phone instead of my Foxpro
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's ok 35Rem with your round counts...Bushman just wants you to use a spear!

Nice vid btw!
View Quote
I've been known to stick a few :). Here's one from Australia.

I would love to stalk and spear one barefoot through a rice paddy with the one and only Bushman.  Especially if it means I get to see campy camp.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably because the AR magwell alone is enough of a pain in regard to rifle field handling. No need to add a " nanner clip" sticking out the bottom to further get in the way on a hog hunt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Annnnnnnd another one.

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#16]
@Bowhntr6pt just saw your thread with the dead hogs and yotes.  Glenn Guess, the guy from Texas who invented all the sounds I've had so much success with, just released new sounds specifically targeted at bringing in boars.  Here's what he says about them:

Glenn Guess Hog Sounds Bullet HP
Sept 13, 2018

For those of you that aren’t aware the New Hog Sounds are coming out now. The sounds with the (B) beside them are “Boar Specific”. You might occasionally call in sows with these sounds, by far there will be more boars and if you let them get close they will respond by scent marking. Very cool to watch!
If I’m trying to call boars I try to get in fairly close to where I believe boars to be bedding or near other comfort zones {within 100 yards, they will respond from much farther}. I start with “Hey Baby” This is not a loud sound so I play it at full volume for up to 5 minutes, close boars will respond immediately in most cases.
I then switch to “Total Chaos” at half volume and gradually get it to full volume. This gets the word out that there are sows in the area and boars from farther away can hear this sound. I generally don’t let it play at full volume for more than 2 minutes. I volume down to about half volume again and switch to “Courting Boars” , “Boar Magnet” or “She’s Mine” and slowly volume back up. Personally I rarely stay put for more than 15 minutes total Before switching to non specific sounds. If you are a patient person by all means give them longer. Boars tend to stop and scent mark or just take their time getting there. Then there will be the hard charging aggressive boars. 
If I’ve already been calling with “Boar Specific” sounds for 12-15 minutes I go straight to “Vampigra” or “Lil Squealer” at full volume for 5 minutes. If nothing responds I move on. Staying a bit longer may produce a hog, but I’m not a patient man.
With the new non specific sounds I start with “The Rally” great for young boars and sows of all ages. I let this play at full volume for 4-5 minutes. Then I switch to one of the older sounds “Sow Hysteria”, “Pig Momma” or the new “War Zone” for up to 5 minutes full volume{war zone is also good for boars} . Then I switch to either “The Screamer” or my personal favorite “Vampigra” full volume. Be ready for hard charging sows or coyotes! Vampigra is a producer and will likely be the death of more hogs than “Sow Hysteria”. It will also likely become a top coyote killer as well. 

Don’t be afraid to mix it up and tell us what is working for you, these are guidelines not rules.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I use a G-Project G-BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Boombox and play hog sounds I downloaded from the internet.

Can call from 350 yards and don't have to be tied down to a proprietary product or sound.

Is it still legal for me to call hogs this way and avoid paying the patent fees associated with Convergent Hunting Solutions technology?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I use a G-Project G-BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Boombox and play hog sounds I downloaded from the internet.

Can call from 350 yards and don't have to be tied down to a proprietary product or sound.

Is it still legal for me to call hogs this way and avoid paying the patent fees associated with Convergent Hunting Solutions technology?
View Quote
Legal? Patent? C'mon bro, you're overthinking it.

Yes, just download the app. Then play it on whatever Bluetooth speaker you want.  FWIW, I can piss off dogs from miles away using the coyote challenge calls, so the Bullet HP has some serious reach, plus a decoy on top. But yeah any BT speaker will do.  Before I had BT I used to just open my truck doors and play in on my stereo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top