Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 6:18:14 PM EDT
Ran across this link that has a PFD describing many adapters [that can be easily purchased on eBay] for adapting common paintball CO2 tanks to other devices/fittings.

Fill tires, etc.

http://interstatepneumatics.com/productdetail/specialty-blowguns/co2-regulators-and-fittings-accessories/co2-fittings/interstate-pneumaticswrco2-320r-58in-co2-disposable-5-8-24-unf-mini-tank-to-out-co2-paintball-g1-2-14-tank-adapter

There's also a miniature CO2 regulator that fits paintball tanks that makes filling tires safer.

This one ---on ebay

http://interstatepneumatics.com/productdetail/featured-products/wrco2

Search eBay "regulator paintball" and then revise search for more listings.

It might be useful to save this info...
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You just now found these.

I stitcanned the paintball tanks. Leak a lot and not much volume. They have their place but a 5lb tank and regulator does a better job.

Get a 80 OR 160. tank for home to.do your own refills.

Some used beer kegs and you can move all kinds of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a paint ball tank adaptor for that critical moment when the main tank peters out and you only need a few more inches to finish with your MiG rig.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You just now found these.

I stitcanned the paintball tanks. Leak a lot and not much volume. They have their place but a 5lb tank and regulator does a better job.

Get a 80 OR 160. tank for home to.do your own refills.

Some used beer kegs and you can move all kinds of stuff.
View Quote
Not exactly, I just found the one I referenced above, think it's sort of technically elegant... I have the other cheaper one.

Leaking hasn't been our experience.  Besides, we don't want to make  room in the vehicle to carry a 5 cu ft or larger tank

We carry -for years now- qty 2 24 oz paintball  tanks in a small nylon bag in the BOV or move the stuff to whatever were driving ---with the necessary accessories to inflate tires.

Works VERY well  -or I wouldn't be doing it...

We've used the system several times. We also carry one of those forget the name --Viair- --recommended compressors and all the stuff to plug a tire.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not exactly, I just found the one I referenced above, think it's sort of technically elegant... I have the other cheaper one.
View Quote
a 5lb tank is only a couple inches wider and 3" longer and it has a valve-smaller than the 2x 24s. Basically similar size, more run time.

The paintball tanks orings fail all the time- they are latex or something, non buna-n. The adapters leak as well- especially when you do high output and they get really cold

I use the tanks for around the house because if they fail, I can get another or fix the seals. If Im not at home, that standard bottle and regulator works. A paintball tank and a 4' hose works better than pulling a airhose up a ladder.

I have used the 20lb tanks to run impact wrenches and fix tires on the road. So much nicer than trying to swing a wrench in the dark with passing traffic.

If you are a scuba diver and have tanks, buy a old regulator and put a quick connect on one of the high pressure sides. That way when you are on the beach/driving/need air. You can hook up standard tools to work with what you have.  Most paintball paces have switched to air, so you can get them refiled there-cheaper than c02
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#6]
You can switch out the seals, be even the internal ones,  on co2 paintball tanks to high performance ones. Used to do stuff like that all the time when I was young and heavy into paintball, and constantly modding everything.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

a 5lb tank is only a couple inches wider and 3" longer and it has a valve-smaller than the 2x 24s. Basically similar size, more run time.

The paintball tanks orings fail all the time- they are latex or something, non buna-n. The adapters leak as well- especially when you do high output and they get really cold

I use the tanks for around the house because if they fail, I can get another or fix the seals. If Im not at home, that standard bottle and regulator works. A paintball tank and a 4' hose works better than pulling a airhose up a ladder.

I have used the 20lb tanks to run impact wrenches and fix tires on the road. So much nicer than trying to swing a wrench in the dark with passing traffic.

If you are a scuba diver and have tanks, buy a old regulator and put a quick connect on one of the high pressure sides. That way when you are on the beach/driving/need air. You can hook up standard tools to work with what you have.  Most paintball paces have switched to air, so you can get them refiled there-cheaper than c02
View Quote
Taylor, I'll try to find an inexpensive B-Size 5 cu ft tank in aluminum, or the equivalent.

My SCUBA days are over...  

I don't want to invest in a large CO2 tank, but we do have a bunch of CO2 fire extinguishers. The cost to refill a paint pall tank is only couple dollars, and is only necessary from a practical standpoint for us, rarely.

We carry the 2 tanks as a backup for either, plus the Viair compressor.

I've collected a bunch of aluminum medical O2 cylinders that are small over the years, but too large to carry..

Right now we have a small qty of 20 and 24 or so ounce paintball tanks, IIRC in either carbon fiber or aluminum.  

One has some sort of 'window' on the side so you can see the fill level, I don't understand how it works, or if it is some sort of liquid crystal embedded into the side.

To resolve the O-ring issue, we use protective caps on the paintball cylinders and some of the caps have a groove for spare O-rings. We have some spares in the kit and we don't mount the regulator, of course.

Rat-P, thank you for mentioning the improved O-ring availability, I'll look for some.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple 4500 psi paintball gun tanks (since sold everything else). I use them with a regulator to air up my truck's tires after airing them down for off-road conditions. Much less hassle than trying to rig up an onboard compressor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is what I did, for all under $100 and its much more rugged.  Bought a large C02 tank locally for around $50.  Then bought a fixed pressure regulator.  They are far more rugged.  I run air tools and air up tires with it.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/recovery/co2/co2-1.htm

Amazon Product
  • Gas Service: Carbon Dioxide
  • Inlet Gauge: None
  • Outlet Gauge: None

Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is what I did, for all under $100 and its much more rugged.  Bought a large C02 tank locally for around $50.  Then bought a fixed pressure regulator.  They are far more rugged.  I run air tools and air up tires with it.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0085EVSOU
View Quote
I like those for bigger tanks...
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
A bump for those interested in using small [paintball] and bigger tanks of CO2 for various applications.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dace, was thinking about getting one of your recommended regulators...

Can you look and see if a gauge can be screwed into one of the ports to measure output pressure?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Can you look and see if a gauge can be screwed into one of the ports to measure output pressure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I get home I will take some pictures, I seem to recall you can however it might be a port for tank pressure and not output pressure since the output is set.  I am pretty sure its like this one with an extra port at the top but for the tank.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CO2-Tank-High-Flow-150psi-Fixed-Flow-Regulator-DIY-POWERTANK-/192327719213

Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks!

The earlier picture looked like the regulator has a knurled knob that I thought might be adjustable.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks!

The earlier picture looked like the regulator has a knurled knob that I thought might be adjustable.
View Quote
Just looked at mine.  Only one other port and its pre outlet so its to measure tank pressure.  However you could add a y jinction and add a guage at the bottom.  Remember the PSI is set in these so they dont need an adjustable regulator.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just looked at mine.  Only one other port and its pre outlet so its to measure tank pressure.  However you could add a y jinction and add a guage at the bottom.  Remember the PSI is set in these so they dont need an adjustable regulator.
View Quote
Thank you Dace!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#17]
We've used 20oz paintball tanks with the paintball remote tank hose to air up tires on our rzr's for several years. Better than carrying those cheap 12v inflators that take forever to pump and die if they get dirty at all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep!
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a 10lb tank with fixed regulator and tried using gages but found it wasn't worth the money. On the low side all you measure is what the regulator outputs and on the high side the tank will stay at one fixed pressure until it's nearly empty and then it runs to 0 fast. Tank weight minus TARE weight is the only good way to tell how much Co2 is left that I have found.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 2:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a 10lb tank with fixed regulator and tried using gages but found it wasn't worth the money. On the low side all you measure is what the regulator outputs and on the high side the tank will stay at one fixed pressure until it's nearly empty and then it runs to 0 fast. Tank weight minus TARE weight is the only good way to tell how much Co2 is left that I have found.
View Quote
Exactly!

Except I like to monitor output pressure.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Exactly!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly!

What are you trying to run off it that you are worried about output pressure?  Paint guns sure I get that.  But most air tools can take more pressure then people realize.  Our shop used to run 175+ and it didn't have any negative impact.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What are you trying to run off it that you are worried about output pressure?  Paint guns sure I get that.  But most air tools can take more pressure then people realize.  Our shop used to run 175+ and it didn't have any negative impact.
View Quote
Filling tires.

I've always been OCD about having precise measurements...

Link Posted: 6/10/2018 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Going to bump this because CO2 has a lot of SHTF aps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top