Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 6:44:29 PM EDT
Buying one is spendies.(LEM,Samsung,etc)
Building one is not.(insulboard,foil,heat lamp,fixture,fan/s,timer)
Buying one is easy(for the most part)sturdy, easily cleaned,compact for its purpose,returnable,safe.
Building one,time consuming,semi fragile,not so easily cleaned,bulky, fucking fire hazardish.
Tired of spending $$$ on fruits and veggies just have some go bad.The choices for buying these items is becoming limited and $$$.
Amazon bulk dried fruit is sketchy unreturnable and much of it is of Chinese origin.The same quality if not better raw produce that can be bought in bulk, prept and dried for a good long shelf life in jars and bags.I have Mason jars,mylar,O2 absorbers and vacuum sealers for packaging.Any people with Dehydrator feedback WELCOME!

I'm so confused.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Pick up a NESCO dehydrator off amazon and pick up a foodsaver vac sealer.             Don't forget to vac seal your ammo.

Link 2
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a seal a meal.I have a snorkel model now for mylar inbound.Mylar doesn't seal well or at all with the workarounds using paper towel,pleated bag scrap.So moving up to a snorkel model only made sense.Due to necessity mylar is easier to obtain than local retail food storage bags.I'm not buying rolls of bag.The roll bags I had previous had to high a failure rate.Due to budget constraints not putting more money into polybags.Nesco was on the radar but to small for my needs.Found a local merch with the 9 rack Excalibur for $250 so not bad really 15sq. ft. of dryspace and a 10 year warranty.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with the inexpensive Nesco, just to learn the utility of a dehydrator... I was amazed how well dried canned corn was...
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks kids!Going with an Excalibur a plus point its made in the USA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top