Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2020 5:08:12 PM EDT
Did some public ground coyote hunting and blew the stand right before the shot.

Just a little info. The thermal is mounted on a monopod because the public land is shotgun only and the scope is rated to 30 cal. for recoil. I could mount it but I'm worried about breaking the scope. The hope was to call coyotes into shotgun range and then turn on the shotgun mounted green light for the shot.

The plan almost worked.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Tripod, Bipod, Monopod...  Any pod....
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tripod, Bipod, Monopod...  Any pod....
View Quote
I don't get it?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol, did you fall out of your chair or something?

View Quote
I handed the scope to the shooter and then he handed it back when the yote started heading toward us.

I'm a terrible camera man.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Don't feel bad...

I missed one a few weeks a ago at 10yds. Shot right under him.

I felt like such a doofus.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I handed the scope to the shooter and then he handed it back when the yote started heading toward us.

I'm a terrible camera man.

Don't feel bad...

I missed one a few weeks a ago at 10yds. Shot right under him.

I felt like such a doofus.

I had a great time. The shooter missing just means he's still there for next time and just a little smarter.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
My son and I drove 5 hours to hunt coyotes on some private land. We walked out at dusk to a field. It was wet so guns were unloaded until we got to where we were going. Set the rifles down and shine a light across the field to see two yotes trotting along the opposite edge of the field. Dropped down and chambered a round only to get lined up in time to see their back ends disappearing in the tree line.

Homer dohhhh...
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
More bad filming from that night but we got the dirty trash panda, unlike Ol' Wiley.

Racoon hunt, with terrible camera work through Bering Optics Hogster R 35mm

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#9]
We have a lot of yotes on my lease but its so thick you can’t see far enough to call one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top