Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2024 4:59:47 PM EDT
I know this isn't quite Ham, but I need a little help.  Our church safety team has gone with a GMRS handheld for on campus use, and are using ear pieces.  I hate these.  I have bluetooth hearing aides that I use with my phone, and love them.  No, I'm not that old; hearing protection was for sissies when I was young.  

Is there a GMRS handheld that connects to a bluetooth hearing aide in the same manner my phone does?  IE, I can carry on conversations through my hearing aide, vox or not, by bluetooth connecting to the handheld?

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
https://baofengtech.com/product/gmrs-pro/

It does look like you need to get an accessory to enable the connection, the product description indicates it's a PTT.

Rugged radios looks like they have a BT capable radio setup as well for motorcycles, so it may not do what
you want but worth looking into.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
This may be what you seek:

Pryme Blu Bluetooth Adapters

I have BT-542s for use with a Yaesu VX6/VX7 when on my bicycles. They work well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the responses.  I had seen the bTech but not the plug adaptors.  Looks like have some studying to di.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top