Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 1:52:41 PM EDT
I have a pair of Cabelas waders that have a small leak at the interface of the cloth and the boot top.  Aside from buying a new pair, what's the best way to stop the leak?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest barge cement or Shoe Goo
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankSymptoms] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bmmc:
View Quote
Shoe Goo (aka Household Goop) is my go-to adhesive. This stuff has extended the life of my shoes many times; the bottoms wear out faster than the uppers, and a coating of Goop saves them! This stuff will mend a broken heart!

OP, it's like very thick airplane cement (thicker than honey). It can be easily applied with an acid brush; it sticks anywhere you put it. I have repaired rubber balls with it simply by applying it like a patch over the rip.

Clean the surfaces first.

eta Sold in Home Depot and other fine stores across our Nation!
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:26:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bmmc:
View Quote
Wally world sells shoe goo.  If it will handle the abuse I have put it through on my tennis shoes, it will stick to a wader and seal it.  

It is still holding the sole on my pre-china, USA made Chuck Taylor shoe. 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#4]
Neoprene waders shoe goo, Goretex waders a bicycle inner tube patch, glue it light it and call it good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top