Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2020 2:37:06 PM EDT
After spending some time reading up on the FERFAL blog posts for the Argentina Collapse, I realized I'm short on soft concealable body armor.

I've seen various $200 sets of Level IIIa stuff on Ebay and could use some advice from people who have actually worn the stuff on which brands to avoid and whether there's a significant difference in comfort between a Level II and Level IIIa set. Looking to pickup a set for myself and spouse. We're both average builds (I'm 5'9", 190 lbs, my wife is 5'7", 165 lbs) and in decent shape.

I already have a PC with Lvl 4 plates that I hope to never need, the soft armor looks promising if things go to shit, but not to total SHTF shit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been using a Velocity Systems vest at work for the last 5 years. My issued vest is massive and I can barely move. I purchased the VS vest with my own funds and would gladly do it again...MUCH smaller profile.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I had been issued a T-shirt style, from american body armor, now Safariland?, and didn’t like it after a month or two of frequent wear, under a shirt and tie. It seem t bunch up a the edges, and caused an outline, but I remember always searching that inner T-shirt that would help with the sweat, but I’d find myself with an inner T-shirt, the vest and an outer T-shirt to conceal it better, than a dress shirt !

I turned it back in and got fitted for the next level up, it was level 3a, but the fit was very good, long shirt tails, got two white carriers that were cut in such a way that it kept the panels tight against the body and blended well without an outline under a dress shirt. Depending on the shirt fabric and color I remember not often having to wear a heavy T-shirt, just wore a lightweight athletic tee so i didn’t have to wash the carrier every day.

Don’t have a model number, but told it was close to $500 on contract price
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After spending some time reading up on the FERFAL blog posts for the Argentina Collapse, I realized I'm short on soft concealable body armor.

I've seen various $200 sets of Level IIIa stuff on Ebay and could use some advice from people who have actually worn the stuff on which brands to avoid and whether there's a significant difference in comfort between a Level II and Level IIIa set. Looking to pickup a set for myself and spouse. We're both average builds (I'm 5'9", 190 lbs, my wife is 5'7", 165 lbs) and in decent shape.

I already have a PC with Lvl 4 plates that I hope to never need, the soft armor looks promising if things go to shit, but not to total SHTF shit.
View Quote

I'd get the thinnest Level II vest you could afford.

On the higher end:
http://www.vestexpress.com/survival-armor-paladin-ii-concealable-ballistic-vest-p-3.html

On the lower end:
http://www.bulletproofme.com/ProMAX-GoldFlex.html

The thicker vests are good to have / better then nothing, but will require you to wear a pretty thick cover garment to actually conceal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you guys think about this stuff?

CoolMAX® White - Ballistic Level 2 + Stab Level 1 Covert Vest

Lightweight Bullet & Stab Proof Vest
Delivered in 1-2 working days
Weight: Approx. 5.5lbs
Made from Kevlar
Protects against a range of high powered handguns
Ballistic Level: NIJ Level II
Stab (Edged Blade) Level: Level 1

This is a covert vest, designed to be worn under clothes.
Designed with a soft poly-cotton outer shell, this vest remains almost invisible underneath clothing, ensuring security and protection during covert scenarios.
The vest has been engineered with CoolMAX linings; this ensures optimum comfortable temperature for the vest wearer in all conditions and temperatures. This vest has been specifically produced in order to protect from bullets and blades, using the latest technology to ensure all of our customers are fully protected and safe.
With both heat transfer and retention abilities, this vest will adapt against any weather conditions, ensuing that you feel cooler or warmer in order to maximise comfort in all situations.

$300 new, ~$160 used on Ebay (Imported Police Surplus from Canada).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top