Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2022 8:00:39 PM EDT
Will be 308, suppressed. Would have to chop and thread the tikka. Hunting in Texas, deer and hogs. Just checked out both and can’t decide
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:49:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#1]
Hard choice between the two.  I have owned a Tikka and a couple Bergaras and I honestly prefer the Bergara rifles.  Tikkas have smoother actions, but the Bergara action is still pretty damn smooth.  In terms of quality and feel I think the Bergaras are nicer - they have more metal on them and the factory stocks are nicer.  Accuracy is a toss-up.  My Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor was a 3/4 MOA gun.  My uncle has a T3X CTR in 308 and I only shot it at 200 yards but I was getting 1" groups with it at 200, so it was shooting 1/2 MOA.  Both of my Bergaras (B14 HMR) were half MOA guns.  My brother in law just bought a B14 Ridge in 450 Bushmaster and I helped him sight it in at 100 yards and I was getting 1/2 MOA groups with that as well.

That is my experience with Tikkas and Bergaras.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both a Bergara B14 Ridge and a Tikka T3 lite and find both to fantastic hunting rigs. Accuracy wise, they're pretty neck to neck. As long as I do my part 1/2 moa at a 100 yards all day long. With that said I'm not a hand loader and only shoot factory loads. It took a while for me to find a load that would produce the groups that I was wanting out of the Tikka. Granted it's chambered in 7mm-08 and at the time there wasn't a lot of information out on the caliber. Personally I found the Tikka was harder to feed just because it was a picky eater, and well the Bergara wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frtless] [#3]
This.  Bergera makea a damn fine rifle.  Its what Remington should be.

Stocks are top rate.  Much better than the  Tika stock in my opinion

I have a wilderness ridge in 308.  It is suppressed as well.   By far the most accurate rifle i own.   I think it is the most accurate i have ever owned in my 55 yrs.

It is an honest .5 moa rifle.   Well, when I do my part.   Which is not as consistant as I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top