Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2023 9:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chadsc]
Please note, this is not an attempt to sell anything or promote.

As some on here know, I have a little side gig making custom jigs, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits etc.  I picked up an airbrush to start offering a "premium" spinnerbait line, little did i know what it would turn into.  

Just wanted to show some progression and the learning curve some, and answer any questions.  Attachment Attached File

first spray, looks great huh

Attachment Attached File

this was my 4th bait in I believe, started progressing in fading and stencil work.  

Attachment Attached File
think ive got the gill figured out, still need to clean it up some.  Attachment Attached File
first big swimbait spray (7")

Ill keep updating as I progress if anyone is interested
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks fantastic
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#2]
Today I learned people paint their own fishing lures. Who knew.

And today I learned some people are really, really fantastic at it.

That looks incredible OP!
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That's really cool. Nice job
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RoofTopShot:
That's really cool. Nice job
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Those look good!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:49:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FOX_OSCAR_hook] [#7]
I'd tie that on a line! Looks great
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:54:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MudBug] [#8]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote

Marling Baits
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.  Im still learning.  Its a ton of trial and error.  

But got some fresh sonicsides and 2.5 squarebill blanks in today.  Pumped to get some painted.  Also a bonus topwater.  The topwater has a colorshift paint on top.  It actually shifts from a violet to a greenish blue depending on how the light hits it.  Its wild.  Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Wanted to post an update.  This was by far my most complex paint to date.  A lot of shading in it.  It is a 7" Influencer glide.  Looking forward to getting some clear on it. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Those look great! You will have to show us some fish you caught on them someday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Chadsc:
Wanted to post an update.  This was by far my most complex paint to date.  A lot of shading in it.  It is a 7" Influencer glide.  Looking forward to getting some clear on it. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488433/1000005997_jpg-2949594.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488433/1000005996_jpg-2949595.JPG
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Allow me to bump this thread back to the top....  That airbrush work is amazing!  I wish I could do something that great, but sadly, I am slightly colorblind since birth.  Now you all know why the US Coast Guard wouldn't let me do this, do that, this rating/MOS, or that rating/MOS, etc... They stuck me behind a desk doing Admin duties as a Yeoman.  Oh well.... Somebody had to do the paperwork!  At least I made a full career out of it and retired....

Anyway, getting to the point.  I too have been dabbling in fishing lures, spinners, crankbaits, swimbaits,  etc... ever since the 70's.  It's been a hobby that I've always had.  Now that I am a grayhaired grandpa, and soon going to retire (again) from the public schools, I thought of making a little side-business out of my house, with fishing lures.  Mainly just designing them, and assembling them from factory parts/pieces.

It this a comfortable easy going business to get into?  I can imagine the "competition" is quite fierce with guys doing incredible custom paint schemes (which I can't do).  I just don't want to get into this type of field, and lose my a$$, if you know what I mean...

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ButchA61] [#14]
Oops... Duplicate post...
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ButchA61:
Oops... Duplicate post...
View Quote

Little late, but I posted in your thread as well.

Some recent work to anyone following!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Nice looking glide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top