Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 5:25:26 PM EDT
They're having a 48 hour sign up for a lottery to volunteer to remove bison, and I'm thinking about signing up.

I've hunted deer, but I'd probably need a new rifle if I was selected, no biggie, I'll practice.

My main question is it stipulates that volunteers must be willing to haul carcasses out of wilderness on foot.

Quartered? Like your rucking? Has anyone ever done one of these? Apparently you can bring 3-5 helpers with you.

https://www.azbisonstewards.com/
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ryder12] [#1]
I have not seen the application but don't you need to prove you are experienced in killing game as large as or larger than Bison?  You also have to furnish a team of people to help you move the meat, head and cape back to the command center.  At the end you will get some meat.  Good luck with all that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll definitely need 5 helpers if you've got to hump it out.  A full grown bison bull weighs about the same as two bull elk.  
Now imagine 4 people carrying quarters and one person for the head/cape.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top