Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2020 11:31:58 AM EDT
I posted on here a month or so ago asking for input on getting a CTL or tractor for my 8acres. It was unanimous for the tractor. I just sold my JD 1025R and had been set on the JD 3039R. My local dealer jerked me around on the trade in value for my 1025 and pissed me off.

So I started looking into some other options. I came across the Branson’s and have been looking at there 3620h. Most of what I have been able to find online seems to be pretty positive.

Anyone on here have a Branson? Anyone have a JD and go to a Branson?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't do it. Check with New Holland and Kubota if your dealer is jerking you around.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not good tractors

To me, the order is-
Kubota
Deere
New holland
Kioti
Massey

For compact tractors
But get the best dealer you can get, none of them suck
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Dealer[s] near you [near defined by you, my definition is about an hour] trumps all else, imho.

New Holland boomers are built by LS and rebranded.  I bought an LS which is an hour from my farm.  New Holland dealership is half an hour from my farm.

Step 1, again imho, is to learn what dealers are close to you [close defined by you: how long to you want to haul or pay to be hauled a piece of equipment]

I bought a LS over TYM [aka ... Rural King] because of alternative dealer location.  I had ruled out Kubota... because  

I also own a kubota B3200 [and a RTV 1100] and have dropped serious dollars at the dealership 15 minutes from my farm, but I'm still treated as a red headed step child there so didn't buy another kubota.  They won the battle... war is yet to be determined.  Love my Kubota machines though.  

Since they are bored about servicing my machines,  I don't want to bore them.  

There are so many variables that they'll make your head to explode but having repairs done or parts shipped means much.  At this point I only go to the kubota dealership if I have to... and I don't mind paying for their expertise... I do mind being insulted when I do. The act like they are doing me a favor... yet have never done me one, even though I've been forthright with them. Shame really  

ymmv

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
So the only two dealers I have near me are the JD dealer which is about 5 mins away and a Kubota dealer which is about 45 mins away. I haven’t really looked at the Kubota’s much which I probably should. It’s just that I’ve been in there a few times to look at there mini excavators and they put off the vibe that they don’t have time for me.

What’s the reasoning behind saying not to get a Branson? What have you heard?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
OP,

Do NOT get a Branson.

Bought one brand new in 2018. Blew the motor at 60 hours. Was in for repair at the dealer for almost a year. The culprit was a missing pin that wasn’t installed at the plant. Dealer had to order all the replacement parts piece meal because Branson wasn’t set up to ship a complete motor.

Luckily was able to sell it back to the dealer.

Avoid a Branson. Repeat avoid Branson.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
We have one. We had problems that eventually led to ours being replaced. It’s also stuck in 4wd.

I wouldn’t buy another.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Late but....
I have been running a 4720i Branson for 11 years now. Love it, never a second of trouble with it. Ruined both front tires while pushing and stacking  brush. Tough little  tractor.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had a Branson 4720CH for about a year and a half.

No issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one and it's had a few issues with only 60 hours on it.
The fuel tank started leaking and had to be replaced and one of the safety switches that prevents it from starting crapped out.  I could never find exactly which one it was and ended up running another remote start switch.

Tony
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and it's had a few issues with only 60 hours on it.
The fuel tank started leaking and had to be replaced and one of the safety switches that prevents it from starting crapped out.  I could never find exactly which one it was and ended up running another remote start switch.

Tony
View Quote

My neighbors PTO safety switch died on his Brandon recently too. Even with PTO off, tractor would not start. Quick fix and he’s now back up and running.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#11]
There is a Branson dealer near me.  They are a used car lot that got into tractors.  That told me all I need to know about the brand.  Next door neighbor bought one and had no problems with it, but then he never really used it for much other than saying he had a tractor and for his wife to use the loader as a really expensive wheelbarrow.  I know a few other folks that bought Bransons and a common theme seems to be the front axles don't stand up to loader use.  They are built in Korea, and seem to be the Hyundai of tractors.  They will get the job done for cheap, but who knows how long.  Prepare to take a bath if you sell it.  No resale value because no one has ever heard of them, and limited support network for parts/service.  They seem to sell well near me because most folks in my area can't seem to wrap their brain around the whole "you get what you pay for" concept and will buy the cheapest, sorriest POS they can every time.

I have been in the small tractor/outdoor power game for 20+ years.  Would not touch a Branson with a 39-1/2 foot pole.  Like others already said, find a local dealership with a longstanding track record of good service/support and buy whatever brand they sell (Kubota, Yanmar, NH, Deere, etc).  You will be much happier.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Ended up ordering the JD 3039R. Hopefully it will be here in a few weeks. Thanks for the responses guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top