Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 7:46:41 PM EDT
I want to test a bit of code on my QRZ page.  Afghanistan doesn't help...neither does Turkey.  Needs to be a unique hit to my page.

Let me know if you are in some remote place, have Internet access, and have a minute to help me test something.  Thanks

And if propagation is there I'd be into a FT8 QSO for the logbook as well
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a second computer you can use a VPN proxy in the target country.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have a second computer you can use a VPN proxy in the target country.
View Quote
Curious minds are listening

tell me more
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Read here

There's browswer VPN plugins as well.

Basically you either set up a VPN (or use a browswer plugin), select a VPN server in the target country,
and use the internet (really that simple.) Your traffic gets relayed via the VPN server so your IP will
be whatever that server's IP is in that country.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys...the VPN trick worked like a champ. Tested exactly what I wanted and confirmed that my code did what I wanted.

Had no idea that would be as easy as it was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top