Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 10:32:22 AM EDT
New ham here.

I know I heard there is supposed to be band plan revisions coming down the pike.

Any idea of when?

I am going to use a photo copy band plan by my station to keep me in the right zones now but want to put a larger color chart.  No point in buying the current band poster if it will be wrong by June.  

thanks

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
New band plan....???
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The changes were simply proposed to the FCC, but I don't think they've announced anything one way or the other if or when they might be deciding what to do.

These were the proposed changes that the ARRL did finalize and approve, but it's still up to the FCC if they will accept and allow these changes.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ODV/Second%20Board%20Meeting%20July%202020/Doc%2025A%20Band%20Plan%20Final-1b.pdf
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
NVM...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
ACDS sub-bands: I'm ok with that.

Tech's in all the HF bands: hell no. Welcome to CB radio, well, worse than it already is on HF. This is just ARRL looking to get more members/money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The changes were simply proposed to the FCC, but I don't think they've announced anything one way or the other if or when they might be deciding what to do.

These were the proposed changes that the ARRL did finalize and approve, but it's still up to the FCC if they will accept and allow these changes.

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ODV/Second%20Board%20Meeting%20July%202020/Doc%2025A%20Band%20Plan%20Final-1b.pdf
View Quote

Thank you D man.

Not a done deal then.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not familiar with ADCS...is that encrypted digital?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Automatically Controlled Digital Station, aka, Winlink gateways.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
JS8Call is another example. There are some fully automated FT8 stations, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top