Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2020 1:56:12 PM EDT
Getting the bug for a new yak, my current Ocean kayak is 6-8yrs old and I’m getting the itch for a new one.

I fish 70/30 of the time I’m on the water, and occasionally do overnights.

With the Rona going on I’ll probably spend more time on the water, so that’s driving my unnecessary purchase

I’ve only really spent time in Ocean Kayaks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Pescador is a great kayak, i have the 14' version, but wish i had the 12'. However, if you are going to fish, you really need a Hobie. The ability to use both hands to fish, while you hold your position in the wind or current, is well worth the extra cost. I kayak for fun now, but if i started up fishing in them again, i'd be back in a Hobie.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Im a long time Wilderness fishing yak owner. The pescador are basically built by Wildy if I understand it correctly and having owned a few different boats in my time I can definitely say that Wilderness makes a great boat!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Looked at a few today. I like the tribe, hated the foot rests.

Wife is first in line, if they had the color she wanted we would have left with the prescador 10
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Found the pro locally

Wife wants a different color so she has to wait

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Of the five boats I've owned, the Pescador Pro 120 is my favorite all around fishing kayak.

Not too heavy, not too expensive, comfortable seat, decent storage area, tracks well and is fairly fast.  Wore my first one to it's death on our local rocky creeks. My first one mainly served duty on creeks, but it did well on lakes, small and large and it's done inshore on the coast. It shines best on moving creeks and rivers. It has the hull of the original Tarpon. More rounded in front and keely in the back. This makes it a fast and agile river snake. If the water gets real skinny, it gets towed behind on a bow line as I wade between pools.  Roughest water it's done was some Class 2 rapids. That would be it's limit, IMO. I rolled it on the first try in that mess.

Just took my new one on it's first creek float yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

A pic of the launch area yesterday

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top