Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2022 4:46:35 PM EDT
Is aluminum safe to use as cookware? I’ve never used aluminum but have read that some believe it is bad for your health and that it changes the taste of some foods.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife and I stick with stainless steel, titanium or cast iron. I only use titanium for the weight savings and strictly for boiling water for freeze-dried meals or making coffee. Pretty much the same with stainless steel. If weight isn't an issue, cast iron is my choice. Wife uses it everyday. We use it when RV camping, car camping and everyday cooking.  Some people prefer Teflon cookware for the convenience but my wife won't touch it.  We both grew up on cast iron in Eastern Kentucky so we go with what we know.

Steve
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Cast iron or stainless for me. I don’t do a whole lot of backpack camping, so no real titanium stuff, though I would like to get some.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
For backpacking?  Sure.  

For daily use?  NO!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My wacko auntie said it attracted cosmic rays and deposited them in the food.

Same auntie who stayed out of jail by only swindling family. There wasn't a MLM that wasn't below her.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ti, SS or cast iron only, Alum, makes stuff taste odd.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Not for daily use.  if you do have an aluminum sauce pot, never salt the water until it's at the boil, SS you can salt water prior to full boil.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe Biden used aluminum cookware....
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Still does lol!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
https://globalpossibilities.org/study-high-amounts-of-aluminum-in-brains-of-alzheimers-patients/
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://globalpossibilities.org/study-high-amounts-of-aluminum-in-brains-of-alzheimers-patients/
View Quote

I’ve read that most underarm deodorant has aluminum in it?!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Baking soda can be used to disinfect and deodorize the underarms. Works well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I brought that up in GD and was told that was now false.

But we have been transitioning away from aluminum cookware before that.
Ss,titanium or iron cookware.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wife and I stick with stainless steel, titanium or cast iron. I only use titanium for the weight savings and strictly for boiling water for freeze-dried meals or making coffee. Pretty much the same with stainless steel. If weight isn't an issue, cast iron is my choice. Wife uses it everyday. We use it when RV camping, car camping and everyday cooking.  Some people prefer Teflon cookware for the convenience but my wife won't touch it.  We both grew up on cast iron in Eastern Kentucky so we go with what we know.

Steve
View Quote

E

Exactly this.  I use either a cast iron frying pan, stainless pot or titanium pot for camping.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I doubt the Alzheimer’s/aluminum connection personally but also don’t cook on straight aluminum. I do have a few non stick coated aluminum pans we use for certain cooking needs (GraniteStone). We mainly use them for cooking eggs. We use cast iron and stainless for most everything else.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Less aluminum is healthier overall. I wouldn’t use it to unless I had to. Stainless steel, titanium or cast iron are safer. Aluminum has a lot of chemicals in it. I prefer titanium not only because it’s light but also because it is 200 times more corrosion resistant than stainless steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top