Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2024 8:40:31 AM EDT
So POTA decided to add a bunch of Parks and change a bunch of Prefixes.

HAMRS is not recognizing the new parks and prefixes for me when I enter my pen & paper logs at home.  I know that it will output to ADIF just fine and I can upload the logs and the website will recognize everything but I like to have my logger confirm Calls and Parks.  I also like the QSO map, It's just neat!

What are you guys using instead of HAMRS?

Want it to be easy to enter QSO's, have a POTA template, verify Calls via QRZ, verify Parks via POTA, and export to ADIF.
The QSO map could go but I'd love that feature too.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
No other logger offers a park lookup to fix the grid / state based upon POTA reference.

HAMRS is still very simple, and for POTA probably among the best options, even broken.

The mapping tab never worked correctly FWIW. But it does draw pretty lines.

Hopefully the developer will fix it and make it fully functional, I will keep using it as a general logger.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been using it, and editing it with

ADIF MASTER afterwards

the POTA site map will show the correct grid square for the new parks

I imagine editing the K to US will be the same

tag for more options
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:40:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#3]
AC Log. I just update the grid square when I open the program then have the various profiles for LOTW.

It doesn't auto fill. So no issue there. I manually enter the park to parks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The latest version of N3FJP AC Log allows you to configure it for POTA for chasing or activating. It is a one click setup under settings to configure it to make it POTA friendly.

AC Log is a PC program, so you will have to use a Windows 10/11 laptop to use it.

If you are an activator you put your park number in the "MY_SIG_INFO" and "SIG_INFO" is for the park you are hunting. Easy Peasy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K9-Bob:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54857/Screenshot_2024-03-21_134631_png-3165418.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54857/Screenshot_2024-03-21_135104_png-3165421.JPG

The latest version of N3FJP AC Log allows you to configure it for POTA for chasing or activating. It is a one click setup under settings to configure it to make it POTA friendly.

AC Log is a PC program, so you will have to use a Windows 10/11 laptop to use it.

If you are an activator you put your park number in the "MY_SIG_INFO" and "SIG_INFO" is for the park you are hunting. Easy Peasy.
View Quote

Just to clarify; this program takes an input of a park number and it automatically fixes the grid/state based upon that park number....... like the intended use of HAMRS?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
K8MRD did a video on this subject with a work around. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT9vCvchRUU
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#7]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

Just to clarify; this program takes an input of a park number and it automatically fixes the grid/state based upon that park number....... like the intended use of HAMRS?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K9-Bob:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54857/Screenshot_2024-03-21_134631_png-3165418.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54857/Screenshot_2024-03-21_135104_png-3165421.JPG

If you are an activator  you put your park number in the "MY_SIG_INFO" and "SIG_INFO" is for the park you are hunting. Easy Peasy.

No you will have to input that data yourself from the POTA.app Spot webpage. AC Log populates the various fields from the QRZ data.

Attachment Attached File

Most activators that use LoTW don't even bother with adding their Park to their TQSL for uploads either. So when I upload to LoTW my contact with them it won't reflect the correct grid or state due to their laziness.

Attachment Attached File

When I activate I digitally sign with the correct TQSL info for those that want LoTW to be correct. N3FJP allows you to digitally sign so LoTW users get "correct info" for the contact.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Auto? No. But you can change the grid when you start it up. Which is what I do. Then like Bob said, just make an entry for it on TQSL based on the grid.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#9]
Changing your own grid is easy. HAMRS knowing to change the grid for park-to-parks made things very nice. Anything to cut down log time after being out all day radioing is nice.

My first SSB contact to HI was a P2P. Dude from Illinois operating in HI. He uploaded his logs incorrectly in QRZ, kind of annoying when you are working on WAS for certain bands.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
You are definitely reliant on the other side doing it right for WAS type stuff. But very few do anyway. I quit using HAMRS after I lost some logs. So I just work around it as best as I can.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone for all the info.  

Glad to see the creator of HAMRS finally respond.

I'm still going to find an alternative, even if I have to code it myself.
It's been 15yrs since I've written anything, time to knock off the rust.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#15]
There's a new one out in beta
Ham2k Polo. (portable logger)
Ham2k Polo
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Good deal. It's a cool app.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Used HAMRS today for our 99th different park

I quickly edited my info in ADIF MASTER, saved, and uploaded without trouble

it runs fine on my samsung tablet after 190 activations

I think it’s fine

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Man I dont know. Reading some of those reviews and people losing contacts. Maybe I should just use paper.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TimeIsMoney:
Man I dont know. Reading some of those reviews and people losing contacts. Maybe I should just use paper.
View Quote
I had it happen more than once and on multiple devices. A guy I know lost a 300 plus multi hour activation log through it taking a dumpy-doo.

In the end, I just use ACLog. Already paid for it anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top