Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2022 4:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter]
We will most likely go with a eskimo ice fishing hut or a type of garage quick shelter. Another AKer uses the garage shelter with a stove jack sewn in.

Cabelas tents have really went down hill.
Prices for other hot tents is just a bit too much for us. The arctic oven and a few others.
Intrigued by this one.
https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/lightweight-camping-tents/products/hercules-hot-tent-8p-wood-stove-vent
Just the lack of a rain fly over the rest of it makes me pause.

We have canvas wall tents but where we are starting to go there is no trees to use and do not want to pack all the extra gear in the boat.

We had a tent failure in heavy rain when we went berry picking.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
We have been using a 10x10 popup with one of those tents that goes inside of them.
Work great, really roomy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
No floor? No way!
View Quote
We use canvas tents with no floor.
Just put down heavy tarps.

We always put tarps inside the tents anyways to help keep the water from seeping up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an Eskimo ice fishing pop up two man for my wife and I. The smaller one.
Attachment Attached File

It’s a great truck camping tent.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DanishM1Garand:
I use an Eskimo ice fishing pop up two man for my wife and I. The smaller one.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56603/5D119F74-18E0-40CC-85A6-30D1D4F4D1CA_jpe-2463519.JPG
It's a great truck camping tent.quote]

Nice set up.

How does it take the rain?

It is very hard to find a tent that will take rain and wind with out being super expensive.

Looked at arctic oven tents but way out of my price range for how little we would use it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I've heard horror stories about long timelines for order fulfillment, non-existent customer service, and lack of build quality from Luxe. Your best bet would be to cruise the hunting forums or Facebook groups for a lightly used Seek Outside, Kifaru, etc.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mp_moody:
I've heard horror stories about long timelines for order fulfillment, non-existent customer service, and lack of build quality from Luxe. Your best bet would be to cruise the hunting forums or Facebook groups for a lightly used Seek Outside, Kifaru, etc.
View Quote
Thank you for the tip.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a Kirkham's Springbar.  They even have tent/stove combos.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
Get a Kirkham's Springbar.  They even have tent/stove combos.
View Quote
Nice tents but we are looking for more of a dome tent.
It can be windy and rainy when picking berries or hunting. Berry picking area is mostly tundra with no trees.

We have used a canvas wall tents out hunting but we put those up in the trees.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Most likely narrowed it down to this tent.
Been reading on rokslide for a few weeks now.

https://seekoutside.com/8-person-tipi-pre

After talking with some relatives that use a eskimo ice fishing shelter. With all the rain we have had they had trouble with leaks and moisture inside. They used both a wood stove and propane stove.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mp_moody:
View Quote

I know this is an old thread but the above statement is true about Luxe. Their customer service is terrible.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter] [#12]
Originally Posted By Rascal82:

I know this is an old thread but the above statement is true about Luxe. Their customer service is terrible.
View Quote
Glad we found out before we were going to buy.

Seek 8man tipi will be bought this month.
Too late to use this fall but will be ready for next spring.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter] [#13]

View Quote
Wierd double
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top