Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2022 3:56:29 PM EDT
My area of Idaho is under drought conditions. I have a shallow sandpoint well serving my home, and have no idea how old it's been.
I'm about 1800 feet from the Snake River. How likely is it (the well) to go dry this year? Is the river serving the groundwater or does the water come from the foothills over 10 miles away?
We're also considering putting in another sandpoint well (limited to 15' in depth).
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If your well went dry in 2002, then it might go dry again this year.
If your well didn't exist in 2002, then go ask your county water office about how likely it is to go dry.
If your well didn't go dry in 2002, then it is very unlikely to go dry this year, but possibly could due to other wells and land changes made since 2002.
If you haven't guessed, 2002 was a really dry year all over the west.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't here in 2002 so can't say.

I WAS here in 2019, when we somewhat overused the well. Wife was watering plants, and we were all showering, and it started drawing sand for a minute or so, then shut down; didn't have any issues since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top