Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My nephew forced me into 300 blk.  He offered me a new unfired triarc 10.3 300 blackout upper for 200. I didn't know how to pass it up since i have a sandman L.

110 v max three pigs shot run and die

125 tnt 2 pigs shot drt

135 speer varmint  2 pigs shot run and die

110 sp hornady 1 pig drt  ...... 1 pig running bad shot it ran off (i'll give it a pass on this one)

If i cared about recovering an animal it wouldn't be my choice right now.  I'm not spending 80c a projectile even if the barnes are a "magic" bullet.

My bang flop drt ratio is insanely high even with 223.  I know if i'm the problem and can accept it i'm not the problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been reading and viewing a lot about the 300.  I am considering adding one.  Travis Haley put out a good yt vid awhile back called "300 blackout year".  Its worth a watch.  My observation has been that it is like two different rifles.  One with subs and one with high velocity.  They are not the same.  Am I missing something?

I would also suspect that at less than 100 yds, putting either in close proximity to an ear canal would get the job done.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve recovered every animal I’ve ever shot with 300 blk.

Big body 9 point, many other deer, big hogs.

All were shot with supersonic rounds at 50-150 yards.

I should publish my data.

I do what makes me happy and 300blk makes me happy…but so does 7 mag, 308, 270, and 243.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 6:45:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#4]
I've shot at a number of feral hogs with .300 BLK subsonic that I had the sights right on, they were standing still and they ran off after the shot.   No blood or evidence of a hit.

Here is a boar I shot last week, we did had three of us hunting, my .300 BLK was loaded with Remington 120 gr OTM, and did the count down and started shooting, I was just a smidgen slow on the trigger and the shot hit way to far back.  He turned and ran back the direction he came and I could see his guts flopping around in the thermal.  He ran in an ark and stopped in some trees about 80 yards out.   The little red dot is the entrance wound from my 2nd shot.   He dropped in his tracks.

If .300 BLK isn't killing pigs within 150 yards or so, it's either poor bullet selection or poor shot placement.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top