Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2023 7:39:47 PM EDT
I've had it a year. Literally no complaints with it, it's been great. Bought it already set up with a 100w panel on the roof and a 12v battery, inverter, etc.

Everything except the A/c runs on 12v, which is awesome. However, I'm wanting to add some extra outdoor LED lighting, but I've noticed overnight my battery is pretty spent by sunrise.

I know I can purchase another panel, and I can get another battery, or both. But I need information on the actual how-to, like "purchase this wire harness, this panel, this battery; place the harness here, attach to the batteries in a series like this, route wiring to panel like this, etc"....

I've YouTube'd a bit, but google has left me lacking in regards to what I mentioned. I'm hiking/gun/medical inclined lol... not so much detailed solar set-up.

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPC] [#1]

Backwoods Solar is a great resource.
Order their free catalog. At bottom of link.

Backwoods Solar catalog,,wealth of information.

Also your tax dollars ,have an awesome resource for info.

National Renewal Energy Laboratory

As wells as a great place to visit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JPC:
Order this catalogue,,you won't be disappointed.

Backwoods Solar is a great resource.

Also your tax dollars ,have an awesome resource for info.

National Renewal Energy Laboratory

As wells as a great place to visit.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Plush if you want a great book to read.

The Solar Electric House

Steven J Strong,and William G Scheller

Got my copy at National Renewable Lab book store.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#4]
You might find you need a better battery. I have basically the same setup, 1 100W panel, 10A charge controller, and two batteries. Both batteries are deep cycle, one is small and RV specific, the other one is bigger and just a deep cycle Napa battery. I can run my panel all day, get a full charge on the batteries, and still have plenty of battery left in the morning.

I just picked up one of these, and am going to get a second one as soon as I can figure out where to keep them. I want to get the batteries off of the tongue, to keep thieves away. I got all of my solar stuff from Renogy, and so far have not been let down by it.

Renogy Solar
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 400w panel renogy 40A mppt charger and 2 ampertime 200+ batteries it runs a 5cu freezer 800w micro tv laptop 9 months of year.
4 pannels wired in series to the cc.
next battery change upgrade to lifepo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top